Renaming hangs during Match process

Support for Windows users
IAmBroom

Renaming hangs during Match process

Post by IAmBroom »

Filebot 4.9.4, lifetime license, and regardless of what I put in as a file(s), all on local disks, the circular "busy matching" icon never goes away.

I've rebooted my system. No help. It's been this way for at least a week. Doesn't matter if I use one of my presets, or simply let it handle things from TVDB or TheMovieDB with default settings.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Renaming hangs during Match process

Post by rednoah »

:?: What does the log say?

:idea: If there's a "busy matching" indicator, then just leave it for a while, it will eventually show an error message, likely a network timeout related error message.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
IAmBroom

Post by IAmBroom »

It's been a half-hour; still spinning "busy".

EDIT: The log shows...

Code: Select all

Sep 07, 2021 7:49:54 PM net.filebot.CachedResource error
WARNING: Resource not found: https://api.thetvdb.com/search/series [404 Not Found]
However, there's no errors since then. There should be.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That is most unusual. Unfortunately, with no logs, we have no clues as to why it might be stuck. Since the problem seems to be specific to your machine, it's likely a network issue of some kind, albeit a strange one.

:idea: The WARNING: Resource not found: https://api.thetvdb.com/search/series [404 Not Found] log message just means it did a search and got no results. It's unfortunately not a clue as to why it might be stuck. At least the internet working at that point in time.

:arrow: No much you can do, other than systematic trial & error. I'd start by trying on a friends PC, different machine, different internet connection, etc, see if that works, and narrow things down from there.

:arrow: You could try to enable debug logging and then launch filebot.exe (with console) so you can see console output. That will tell us what it's doing step by step, and maybe help narrow down where it's stuck.
IAmBroom

Post by IAmBroom »

OK, the most annoying thing happened. I initiated debug logging, ran it from the console once, and the damn thing started working perfectly.

So I ran it from double-clicking the EXE. Worked perfectly.

The original console was still open (but probably inactive). Closed it. Restarted Filebot. Worked perfectly.

I'm not complaining, but... WTAF? It's like when the mechanic gets in the car and it stops making that noise that was why you brought it in to the shop.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yup. Some kinda network error. Probably.