[Microsoft Store] lost lifetime licence key

Support for Windows users
Martyn57

[Microsoft Store] lost lifetime licence key

Post by Martyn57 »

Hi all
A bit of a disaster installing Win11, has required a clean system install and I have been unable to track down the email with the filebot licence key purchased way back on 17 August 2018.
I have a hard copy of the order through Microsoft Store on that date and with the order number 4150429155.
Could a replacement licence key be emailed to me please? I am at the same email address as per the original order.
rednoah
The Source

Re: lost lifetime licence key

Post by rednoah »

If you have purchased FileBot on the Microsoft Store, then the Microsoft Store will remember your purchase in your Microsoft Account.

:arrow: You must install FileBot via the Microsoft Store.

:arrow: You must log in with the same Microsoft Account that has purchased FileBot previously for the Microsoft Store to remember your purchase.

:idea: Your Microsoft Store purchase is independent of and unrelated to "license keys" that are purchased on this website via Paddle and sent by email.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Martyn57

Re: [Microsoft Store] lost lifetime licence key

Post by Martyn57 »

Thanks Rednoah, I was following the faq/advice for purchases via paddle rather than Microsoft Store, which just got me confused.
Although I use the software regularly, I haven't had to touch the installation since 2018 and one quickly forgets. I suppose that's testament to it being a good solid design.
Thanks again.
rednoah
The Source

Re: [Microsoft Store] lost lifetime licence key

Post by rednoah »

Cheers, much appreciated. Unfortunately, there's a case for having multiple purchase options, so there's some complexity that couldn't be avoided. The advantage of the Microsoft Store is convenience. It'll keep track of your purchases so you can't lose them, and will keep your application up-to-date automatically.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.