Clearing Search Results?

Support for Windows users
ItonKiton

Clearing Search Results?

Post by ItonKiton »

Hi is there a way to clear Search Results from the Episodes tab without restarting FileBot?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Clearing Search Results?

Post by rednoah »

There's an X button on each tab that you can click to close the tab.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ItonKiton

Post by ItonKiton »

rednoah wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 02:28 There's an X button on each tab that you can click to close the tab.
Hi, I meant all at once. The X button is really small and I usually have to click in that location a couple of times to actually hit it which takes a lot of time when I have 30 tabs. Could a clear all button/key modifier be considered? Or maybe a behavior where Right Clicking a tab will close it?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Sorry, there is no Close All Tabs functionality at this point, other than restarting FileBot. If this request comes up repeatedly, then we'll look into finding a solution.

EDIT:

:?: Episodes is typically rarely used, and I've never seen anyone open more than one or two tabs. What's your use case or though process when opening 30 tabs?
viewtopic.php?t=10881

In any case, FileBot r8897 adds keyboard shortcut CTRL+W for closing lots of tabs rapido.
ItonKiton

Post by ItonKiton »

rednoah wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 04:25 Sorry, there is no Close All Tabs functionality at this point, other than restarting FileBot. If this request comes up repeatedly, then we'll look into finding a solution.

EDIT:

:?: Episodes is typically rarely used, and I've never seen anyone open more than one or two tabs. What's your use case or though process when opening 30 tabs?
viewtopic.php?t=10881

FileBot r8897 adds keyboard shortcut CTRL+W for closing lots of tabs rapido.
Basically I'm renaming around 500 anime series to match tvdb entries. The problem is that the episode formats are vastly different from tvdb which means most of the time I have to use the Episodes tab to match files manually. For example episodes labeled as OVA won't be detected correctly using automatch. Similarly sometimes you'll have a series with 24 episodes yet there's an episode with the file name Episode 25 which won't get detected because episode 25 is actually Special 01. This can be a real pain when there's multiple of them like episode 07 is actually Special 02 or when there's episodes with points like episode 8.5 or episode 1.5 which would be specials. There's also cases where you have Season 1 and Season 2 folders but Season 2 doesn't get detected which requires a manual fix. Sometimes you get fun stuff like two episodes being combined into one multiple times through a series which requires a manual fix. In summary, renaming Anime sucks.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I see. The new CTRL+W shortcut is probably nice to have then, but that seems the be the least of your worries. :lol:

Here's some extra advice:
* Read [Anime] Convert Absolute to SxE numbers thoroughly and create Presets for repetitive use cases.
* Use Double-Click ➔ Edit Match and then select multiple episodes if you need fix multi-episode matches manually. (BONUS TIP: use F2, search-as-you-type, and ENTER to keep your fingers on the keyboard when fixing matches one by one)
* Open multiple instances of FileBot so that you can run one in Rename mode and another two or three in Episode mode side-by-side, so that you can drag-n-drop / copy-n-paste episode information between them.
ItonKiton

Post by ItonKiton »

rednoah wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 05:21 I see. The new CTRL+W shortcut is probably nice to have then, but that seems the be the least of your worries. :lol:

Here's some extra advice:
* Read [Anime] Convert Absolute to SxE numbers thoroughly and create Presets for repetitive use cases.
* Use Double-Click ➔ Edit Match and then select multiple episodes if you need fix multi-episode matches manually. (BONUS TIP: use F2, search-as-you-type, and ENTER to keep your fingers on the keyboard when fixing matches one by one)
* Open multiple instances of FileBot so that you can run one in Rename mode and another two or three in Episode mode side-by-side, so that you can drag-n-drop / copy-n-paste episode information between them.
Thanks for the new shortcut and tips. I really appreciate it!