Very Slow loading

Support for Windows users
DawnB

Very Slow loading

Post by DawnB »

Filebot takes more than 3 minutes to load in Win 10 & 11. The first time I load it after restarting my computer it loads quickly but if I close it & go to reopen it the same day or even days later it takes forever to come up. I have 4.9.4 I've tried the X64, X86 & Portable versions. This started happening on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit & & has continued on Windows 11. My computer is up to date including java. I purchased the program in May of this year (via this website NOT the Windows store). I don't remember the slowness happening with 4.9.3. I love Filebot but 3+ minutes loading time is not good. Filebot does work correctly after it loads. The processes do close when I exit the program. I don't have this problem with any other programs on my computer. Paint Shop Pro 2021 is my next slowest loading program, it takes about 30-45 seconds to load. By loading I mean from the time I click on the shortcut/exe file till the time the program shows up on my screen. The first time it happened I thought it was a fluke, then when it happened again I looked in Task Manager it showed that the filebot launcher was running & something else with java in the name, but nothing was on my screen yet. Then I tried killing the processes & trying to start it again but that didn't help either. Is there any way to fix this issue?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Very Slow loading

Post by rednoah »

That is very unusual. So you have confirm this serious issue two separate machines running Windows 10 and Windows 11 respectively? I don't recall anyone reporting similar issues, and I can't reproduce the issue on the slowest Windows machine I have at hand.

:idea: The most likely explanation is that there is some kind of system-level software is interfering with things and intercepting and slowing down every single file system operation. The typical culprits would be Anti-Virus software going rogue. This is just a random guess though.

:idea: Sometimes, especially in multi-monitor setups, Windows sometimes decides to display windows somewhere off-screen, but then they'd stay there and not suddenly come up after a few minutes. The FileBot app running, but not appearing on screen until 3+ minutes later is most strange, and so they only clue I have is that the issue seems to be limited to your specific machine, or some software that you use on all your machines, something specific and unique to your setup that is somehow different from other FileBot users.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
dgomer

Re: Very Slow loading

Post by dgomer »

I also see this behavior when launching Filebot. It does take several minutes to launch. If you click on it multiple times thinking you didn't click on it, you will eventually get multiple Filebot windows come up. I will look at McAfee and Malwarebytes, as those are my anti-virus and malware software that I use to see if they are causing the issues. But I have been using them for a long time and this is the first time this issue has come up. Is there a way to drop back a version on Filebot to see if the issue was there prior to the last update?