Folder structure year can double

Support for Windows users
esullivan

Folder structure year can double

Post by esullivan »

My current folder structure has the show name with the year. If Filebot pulls a show that also has the year (recently named Raised By Wolves) it doubles the year. Folder was named Raised by Wolves (2020) (2020).

Not sure if 8ta possible to have Filebot recognize this and correct it?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Folder structure year can double

Post by rednoah »

The destination file path is entirely defined by your custom format.\

:?: What is your custom format?

:idea: Bindings such as {ny} and {plex} will take care of that automatically, but {n} will give you the official series name as specified by the database, which may include the series year as part of the series name.

:arrow: The {plex} format will take care of these things automatically.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
esullivan

Post by esullivan »

Like I said, I do have the year in the format as I like to see the year of the show. However some times the year is already in the show title that Filebot pulls, so it ends up doubling.

I'm not saying it's a "bug" I'm just wondering if you think there is anything that can be added to future release that might see the year is in the format and being pulled and not duplicate.

Here is my format

Code: Select all

Drive:\TV\{n.sortName('$2, $1')} ({y})\Season {s.pad(2)}\s{s.pad(2)}.e{e.pad(2)}.{t}
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Doing exactly what you want is tricky. Because you can't use ny.sortName('$2, $1') because the ", The" part would be added after the year in this case. Removing any (YYYY) pattern would be easy, but there might be one or two shows that use this pattern as part of the series name.

:arrow: I'd just drop the "The" and let {ny} take care of deduplicating the year tail section:

{ ny.sortName() }

:!: Note that s{s.pad(2)}.e{e.pad(2)} doesn't account for multi-episode files, so you might run into issues there later. Bindings such as {sxe} and {s00e00} will take care of these corner cases implicitly:

{ s00e00.lower().replaceFirst('e', '.e') }
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
esullivan

Post by esullivan »

Thanks! I'll play with these suggestions later. Sorry, for some reason I am not getting emails on your replies even though I am subscribed so I am forgetting to check. (edit: I guess you are not subscribed by post, you have to manually do it. I should get replies now.)