Support for Windows users
iansebryk

How to get Filebot to ignore dump folder

Post by iansebryk »

torrents are downloaded to a central folder prior to Filebot management:
<DUMP-FOLDER>\<FILE>
OR
<DUMP-FOLDER>\<SUB-FOLDER>\<FILE>

EVERY time i run Filebot, it asks how to match <DUMP-FOLDER>. despite clicking 'Skip' every time, it STILL asks. which means i can't automate it which is bloody annoying. how do i stop this behaviour? i mean, FFS, there has to be a containing folder of some kind; files aren't just spastically spewn across random directories. and why isn't it remembering that i clicked 'Skip'? i have the skip-status-confusing-as-hell button clicked in the bottom right.
rednoah
The Source

Re: How to get Filebot to ignore dump folder

Post by rednoah »

What is the name of your <DUMP-FOLDER> exactly? FileBot will ignore generic names by default, so you can use something like Downloads, Staging, Complete, etc.

iansebryk wrote: 02 Dec 2021, 15:42 how do i stop this behaviour? i mean, FFS, there has to be a containing folder of some kind; files aren't just spastically spewn across random directories. and why isn't it remembering that i clicked 'Skip'?
If you were to provide sample file paths or screenshots, then I could have a look and find out.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
iansebryk

Post by iansebryk »

the dump/collexion folder is name `-=DOWNS=-`. reading back over my post, i apologize for my tone. looks like the shitty day i had leaked here.

here's the UI snapshot:
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Thanks for the screenshot. I was able to reproduce the issue with some files (though notably for -=DOWNS=-/the.rookie.s4e08.mkv it does not seem to ask) so I might be able to make this work better out-of-the-box for future revisions with some debugging and testing.

:arrow: The workaround you can apply right away to make FileBot not ask is to rename your -=DOWNS=- folder to DOWNLOADS.
iansebryk

Post by iansebryk »

gotcha. that's an easy fix. i take it the '-=' is what's cocking things up. understandable. thanks for the help. much appreciated.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

iansebryk wrote: 07 Dec 2021, 05:04 i take it the '-=' is what's cocking things up.
Yep, just something unusual that wasn't covered yet. Future revisions will be more aware of -=...=- patterns and more inclined to ignore them out-of-the-box.