Almost identical files will not rename correctly

Support for Windows users
msmith8228

Almost identical files will not rename correctly

Post by msmith8228 »

I have two files that are almost identical - one will rename correctly and the other will fail

This works :
Input file : station.eleven.s01e06.1080p.web.h264-cakes.mkv
Filebot output : Station Eleven - S01E06 - Survival is Insufficient

This does not work :
Input file : station.eleven.s01e07.1080p.web.h264-cakes.mkv
Filebot output : Star Trek Discovery - S01E07 - Magic to Make the Sanest Man Go Mad

The underlying files are almost identical is structure and format - just different episodes of the same series -- S01E06 vs. S01E07

I have tested this on three different machines and also on a very old version of Filebot and I consistently get the same result

Please don't get angry that I have not attached any screen shots or logs - I have all the screen captures ready to go but I can figure out how to paste / attach them to this forum post -- when I click on the insert image button all it does is insert a Image and I cant go any further. I tried dragging and droping the screen shots on to this forum post but that did not work.

I have the following logs - System Information screen shot, Log screen shot as well as screen shots of the two test scenario as reported above.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Almost identical files will not rename correctly

Post by rednoah »

What does the episode list say when you lookup Station Eleven in FileBot -> Episodes?

:idea: Note that "station.eleven.s01e07" works for me now, which suggestions that S01E07 didn't exist in your selected database at the time when you tried to process the file, and thus you get the "best match" from among the episodes that did exist at the time:
viewtopic.php?t=4695

Traditional forums don't host images or files. You can share your images via your preferred image sharing site, such as https://snipboard.io/ and https://imgur.com/ and friends, and then link them. You may prefer to use our Discord channel though.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
msmith8228

Post by msmith8228 »

Thank you very much for your quick reply

The following are the images:

I repeated the test with S01E07 a few seconds ago and get the same failed result

This is the list of episodes:

This is the Information screen:

This is the log screen:

This is the test with S01E06 the works:

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:idea: No idea. I'd start by creating a new empty file named "station.eleven.s01e07" and see if that works, and once you have a reproducible case that works, and one that doesn't, then you can do systematic trial and error to find out what's different, likely nearby *.nfo files, previously stored xattr metadata, etc.

:arrow: However, if it's a one-off, then I'd just do a manual fix with Double-Click ➔ Image Edit Match and be done with it. Please read Q: How do I fix misidentified files? for details:
https://www.filebot.net/manual.html

:!: 32-bit x86 Windows is still at thing!? We have 32-bit x86 binaries... but only because arm64 emulation on Windows doesn't work for 64-bit x86 binaries yet...
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.