Use French Title for French movies but English title for other movies

Support for Windows users
coupcoup

Use French Title for French movies but English title for other movies

Post by coupcoup »

Hi,

I have a huge media library and until now I was renaming everything manually. I've just discovered FileBot, which seems to be my life savior. Unfortunately, I'm a complete newbie regarding scripting and groovy, and I'm facing issues I have not been able to solve for now, even after days of search.

I've installed FileBot 4.9.4 on my Windows 10 computer, and I've used bit of codes coming from this forum. I think I have now a good understanding about how it works, and everything is OK as long as I stick with the basic FileBot bindings ({af}, {vc}, etc.). But when I'm trying to use some more "advanced" scripting (meaning using Groovy functions, if I'm not mistaken), I'm getting errors.

For example, a very simple script like this one:

Code: Select all

{norm(primaryTitle)}

gives me (on "The Disaster Artist" folder):

[No signature of method: org.codehaus.groovy.jsr223.GroovyScriptEngineImpl.norm() is applicable for argument types: (String) values: [The Disaster Artist]
Possible solutions: eval(java.lang.String), get(java.lang.String), notify(), wait(), dump(), find()] The Disaster Artist (2017)
I'm sure that I'm missing some basic thing, but I can't find what. Will it be possible to help me before I lose my mind?

Here is my sysinfo. Should I share some more info from my system and filebot installation?

FileBot 4.9.4 (r8736)
JNA Native: 6.1.0
MediaInfo: 20.09
7-Zip-JBinding: 16.02
Tools: fpcalc/1.5.0
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2022-01-20 (r791)
Groovy: 3.0.8
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 16.0.2
JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 16 Core / 8 GB Max Memory / 678 MB Used Memory
STORAGE: NTFS [(C:)] @ 778 GB | NTFS [Films 4k] @ 192 GB | NTFS [Games] @ 57 GB | FAT32 [Google Drive] @ 2.0 GB | exFAT [My Book] @ 1.3 TB
DATA: C:\Users\Coupcoup\AppData\Roaming\FileBot
Package: MSI
License: UNREGISTERED
rednoah
The Source

Re: Need help with functions not working

Post by rednoah »

There is no such function, thus you get a "No signature of method" error.

:?: What do you want your newly proposed norm() function to do?

:idea: You have likely copied norm() from some custom code snippet. That snippet will have defined that function first, and then used it later in multiple places. If you only copy the usage, then it won't work.

:idea: I would generally discourage complex format code, classes, functions, etc; just because you can do anything doesn't mean you have to overcomplicate things, especially if your format doesn't exceed a couple of lines. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

{def norm = {it.replaceAll(/(?i)[abcde]/)}; norm(n) + ' vs ' + n}
sample:
Th isstr rtist vs The Disaster Artist
only use if you need to do the same thing multiple times within a

{}
coupcoup

Post by coupcoup »

Thank you so much for your help! I feel like a complete idiot for not having understood it by myself... :oops:

When I'm trying something like that (before moving forward to a more complex norm() function):

{def norm = {it.upperInitial().replaceTrailingBrackets()};{info.OriginalLanguage != /fr/ ? norm(n) : norm(primaryTitle)}}
I'm getting this error:

SyntaxError: Ambiguous expression could be either a parameterless closure expression or an isolated open code block;
   solution: Add an explicit closure parameter list, e.g. {it -> ...}, or force it to be treated as an open block by giving it a label, e.g. L:{...}
Can you please help with that?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Correct but unnecessarily complicated:

{
	def norm = {
		it.upperInitial().replaceTrailingBrackets()
	}

info.OriginalLanguage != /fr/ ? norm(n) : norm(primaryTitle)
}

Correct and readable:

{
	def frenchTitle = info.OriginalLanguage != /fr/ ? n : primaryTitle
	frenchTitle.upperInitial().replaceTrailingBrackets()
}

Correct and readable as single line without variables:

{
	(info.OriginalLanguage != /fr/ ? n : primaryTitle).upperInitial().replaceTrailingBrackets()
}
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.