Microsoft Store Issues

Support for Windows users
ThomTwelve

Microsoft Store Issues

Post by ThomTwelve »

I've take an ssd from one computer and put it in another and now Filebot won't launch!

I've uninstalled and tried to reinstall from the store but I get hit with an error "0xC0EA000A"

Is there anything I can do to re-install this?

Regards,
TT
rednoah
The Source

Re: Microsoft Store Issues

Post by rednoah »

Looks like a Microsoft Store problem. Perhaps wait a few days and then try again. Alternatively, you could try contacting Microsoft Support for help and advice, or just Google and see what comes up.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ThomTwelve

Post by ThomTwelve »

In case anyone comes across this in the future:
I wasn't able to solve via Microsoft support, the best and quickest thing to do is download directly from filebot website and search your email for the original license key.

TT
ahab666

Post by ahab666 »

@TT
The problem with the M$ store issue is that there were no license keys sent to folks who bought their license within the Store App.
As of today 03-17-2022 my issue still exists (0x80070005, and an "error occured an our side" message) and all steps found on the web (except for a complete win10 reinstall)
did not work.
As Point Plank should have at least some information of all users the/a keyfile retrival should be provided by them.

@rednoah
Wait a few days is not very helpful as long as there is no further definition of few - 12 days and counting seems like a life time in computer/technology timeframes

cheers
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

ahab666 wrote: 17 Mar 2022, 08:23 information of all users the/a keyfile retrival should be provided by them.
The Microsoft Store / Mac App Store protect end-user privacy by completely disconnecting developers from customers. Developers have zero customer information, other than monthly consolidated sales numbers and payouts per sales region. Notably, a Microsoft Store does not trigger a Mac App Store purchase or universal license purchase. Each store front-end is completely separate and independent. See FileBot Pricing Explained for details.

ahab666 wrote: 17 Mar 2022, 08:23 Wait a few days is not very helpful...
Unfortunately, not much we can do about Microsoft issues that only Microsoft can fix. If you Google for the error message, then you might be able to find a generic workaround. Explicitly logging out and then logging in again in the Microsoft Store application, and then re-installing Store apps, might just do the trick. Alternatively, I can send you a complimentary 1-year license for the non-Store edition though, defer the problem until next year, perhaps the problem will resolve itself by then one way or another.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.