Low Disk on C: - change cache location

Support for Windows users
FilingMyBots

Low Disk on C: - change cache location

Post by FilingMyBots »

I have a low powered device which only has 32GB onboard storage. It often runs low, then filebot stops. I want to move the Cache referred to in the below message, or tell it to ignore the low disk space on C: drive.

command input:

Code: Select all

c:\progra~1\filebot\filebot.exe -script fn:amc --output "M:/" --action move --conflict auto -non-strict --log-file M:/amc.log --def excludelist=amc.txt "m:/incoming" --def ignore="Incomplete"
Command output:
Low Disk Space (593 MB) on (C:)
An unexpected error occurred during startup: Low Disk Space (593 MB): A minimum of 750 MB of free disk space is required: C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\FileBot\cache\0
java.io.IOException: Low Disk Space (593 MB): A minimum of 750 MB of free disk space is required: C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\FileBot\cache\0
at net.filebot.util.FileUtilities.checkDiskSpace(Unknown Source)
at net.filebot.DiskStore.acquireDiskStore(Unknown Source)
at net.filebot.DiskStore.acquire(Unknown Source)
at net.filebot.Main.main(Unknown Source)

I've so far come to understand that this is likely more to do with java than filebot itself and I think the post here (viewtopic.php?p=48206&sid=1786d80c5ca1b ... 714#p48206) might be useful to me, in that I need to somehow set -Dapplication.cache=M:/filebot.cache

am I on the right track? can i just smack this into filebot.l4j under "Default Windows Java Options" ?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Low Disk on C: - change cache location

Post by rednoah »

I'd just change my entire home directory to another drive. That would solve the problem for all applications.

:idea: By default, FileBot will store all application files in your %APPDATA% folder, so if the value of that environment variable changes, then the location where FileBot stores it's application data files will change accordingly:

-Dapplication.dir="%APPDATA%\FileBot"

:arrow: Please use the FILEBOT_OPTS environment variable if you want to pass custom system properties onto FileBot. Modifying Program Files is not necessary, and not recommended.

e.g. set FILEBOT_OPTS via CMD:

setx FILEBOT_OPTS "-Dapplication.dir=M:\AppData\FileBot"
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
FilingMyBots

Re: Low Disk on C: - change cache location

Post by FilingMyBots »

thanks for the suggestion re changing home directory, it's not really a concern for anything other than this. Literally all it does is run filebot to move some files and rename them.

I used setx FILEBOT_OPTS "-Dapplication.dir=M:\Filebot" then relaunched cmd and re-ran the script and it appears to be running as expected again now

appreciate your quick response!