Possible to use IMDB for movies? What do I do if info.productionCompanies doesn't work?

Support for Windows users
AleXSR700

Possible to use IMDB for movies? What do I do if info.productionCompanies doesn't work?

Post by AleXSR700 »

Hello everyone,
I have been using FileBot 4.8.5 for years although I have not used in in months (Netflix and Prime have taken over mostly). Now I was doing some cleaning and wanted to use filebot to also sort my movies.
Unfortunately TheMovieDB does not seem to have the same level of information (e.g. production companies) as IMDB. So my syntax is not working.

Is there a way to use IMDB instead of MovieDB?

Thank you
Alex
rednoah
The Source

Re: Possible to use IMDB for movies?

Post by rednoah »

:idea: FileBot does not support IMDb. Please use TheMovieDB instead.

:arrow: If {info.productionCompanies} doesn't work for one movie or another, then please enter the missing information on TheMovieDB so that it'll then work for everyone going forward.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
AleXSR700

Re: Possible to use IMDB for movies? What do I do if info.productionCompanies doesn't work?

Post by AleXSR700 »

Thank you for your reply. I do not even see the Production Companies on TheMovieDB. I just see that filebot does not find the information.
Example is Suicide Squad: Birds of Prey. "DC Entertainment" does not work as filter.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Possible to use IMDB for movies? What do I do if info.productionCompanies doesn't work?

Post by rednoah »

Production Companies are listed in the Production Information section:
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/495764 ... nformation

AleXSR700

Post by AleXSR700 »

Okay, so I am able to do it using DC Films as production company.

Keywords still does not work. :(

Also, small bonus question. I am trying to add a "_" after the bitdepth, but if I write it directly after bitdepth it does not work anymore and if I put any symbol infront of the "_" I see the symbol.

Code: Select all

{"$hdr$bitdepth'_'"}
Supposed to result in
HDR10_
but results in
HDR10'_'
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

AleXSR700 wrote: 28 May 2022, 17:37 Keywords still does not work. :(
What keyword are you checking for? What is the value of {info.keywords} for the movie you're testing with?

:arrow: Note that we have already confirmed that checking for keywords fundamentally works in your other thread, so you'll want to take that as an example, and confirm again for yourself with your own eyes, and then take it from there for other cases where something doesn't work:
rednoah wrote: 28 May 2022, 14:41 Your code works for my test case:

'dc extended universe' in info.keywords

$ filebot -list --q 791373 --db TheMovieDB --format "{ny} | {info.keywords} | {'dc extended universe' in info.keywords}"
Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021) | [superhero, based on comic, superhero team, dc extended universe, superhero teamup] | true

You can write:

{hdr}{bitdepth}_
Alternatively, if you want to account for {hdr} being undefined and break the entire {...} in that corner case:

{ hdr + bitdepth + '_' }
:!: Note that {hdr} can yield the value "HDR" or "Dolby Vision" so adding 8 or 10 without space will not look good in the latter case.
AleXSR700

Post by AleXSR700 »

Thank you!

Yes, I am hoping to solve the Dolby Vision case using

({ hdr == 'Dolby Vision' ? {hdr} : { hdr + bitdepth + '_' }}
But I do not have a Dolby Vision file to test it with, so I will have to wait and see if it works :)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The inner {...} are incorrect because are writing Groovy code, and not delimiting the beginning and the end of a Groovy code snippet, so:

{ hdr == 'Dolby Vision' ? 'Dolby Vision_' : hdr + bitdepth + '_' }
:arrow: viewtopic.php?t=1895