Strange behavior, title language (if there is a nearby *.nfo file)

Support for Windows users
BiTeMeNoW

Strange behavior, title language (if there is a nearby *.nfo file)

Post by BiTeMeNoW »

I have increased problems with the title language. Although "German" is set as the preferred language in the "Preset", some titles are still taken over in English. Why? There are no errors or warnings in the log. Also the movie arts ( and movie.nfo) are downloaded with the wrong language.
It seems that it only works if the title is shortened to the essential, but that would take quite a bit of extra work, since the original is just different.
When i try a manual match then searched text is in German and listed items only on english.

2x Screenshots with the results, 1x presets:

WRONG:

GOOD:

PRESET:
rednoah
The Source

Re: Strange behavior, title language

Post by rednoah »

Looks like localization is skipped if the primary movie information is immediately known via a nearby *.nfo file. So localization to non-English languages is accidentally skipped in some cases but not others, depending on whether or not there's a nearby *.nfo file present.

:idea: Fixed with FileBot r9212.

:arrow: You could use the {localize} binding to workaround the issue with current builds like so:

Code: Select all

{ localize.German.plex }
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
BiTeMeNoW

Re: Strange behavior, title language (if there is a nearby *.nfo file)

Post by BiTeMeNoW »

OK, Thank you. Now I changed in the first line from

n.space
to

localize.de.n.space
and all is great again :D

Update: Arts and movie.nfo are still be generatesd / downloaded with the wrong language. I will give a try to the BETA 4.9.7 version

Update 2: @rednoah, is BETA 4.9.7 the mentioned r9212 version? Cause the arts and movie.nfo still in wrong language ... OK BETA is r9217, so still need some fixes ;)

Update 3: I cleared the cache and tried again with r9217 and now all seems to work as expected. Sorry for the troubles and thank you for your effort :)