Filebot errors out "error writing to file....javaw.exe"

Support for Windows users
pcgumshoe

Filebot errors out "error writing to file....javaw.exe"

Post by pcgumshoe »

I started Filebot today and it began to load, then this screen pops up: "Error writing to file: c:\Program File\FileBot\jre\bin\javaw.exe. Verify that you have access to that directory."

I downloaded the most current version and attempted to repair, same error.

I went to the folded and parent folder mentioned in the error and unchecked "Read-Only"

I completely uninstalled and attempted to re-install and I get the error.

I Downloaded the Current Java Run Time and made sure that was up to date.

What am I missing?

Thanks.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot errors out "error writing to file....javaw.exe"

Post by rednoah »

:?: I've never seen this error message, and it makes no sense. Are you sure that FileBot process is displaying this error message? Screenshot? FileBot would never rewrite its own program files, and it generally isn't supposed to be able to do so when running with normal user permissions in the first place. My first guess is that there's something unrelated to FileBot happening on your machine. You'll probably want to try an a different clean machine and see if you can reproduce the problem.

:?: What happens if you run filebot -script fn:sysinfo in Windows CMD? Please read How to Request Help.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
pcgumshoe

Re: Filebot errors out "error writing to file....javaw.exe"

Post by pcgumshoe »

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I was NOT wrong about the text of the error message, I copied it right from the window.

That being said, I have updated my Windows 11 to 22H2 version and now Filebot WILL install and it appears to be working correctly. Again thanks for your help I did everything up to the 22H2 upgrade as I was only made aware of it yesterday during my diagnosis of the problem.