Can't get Filebot to use TVDB DVD order

Support for Windows users
kyds3k

Can't get Filebot to use TVDB DVD order

Post by kyds3k »

I'm trying to set up my daughter's favorite show, but I cannot get Filebot to set the filenames correctly. The files I have are from DVD rip, and I check the order on TVDB and they are listed correctly:

but Filebot will not grab the DVD order, even though I think I have the settings correct:

this is what I get:

I also went to the "Episodes" tab and tried to grab from there, but it won't list the order as on TVDB:

I know the filenames are listing the wrong episode, I was hoping Filebot would be able to grab the DVD order and rename them correctly - right?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Can't get Filebot to use TVDB DVD order

Post by rednoah »

Typically, FileBot can match by DVD order, or translate DVD order to normal order:
viewtopic.php?t=2769

:!: However in this case, TheTVDB API is sending back bad information. The DVD numbers may be on the website, but if you don't see that in the FileBot / Episodes panel then the TheTVDB API is not sending back the correct information. If the information was entered very recently, then you might be seeing cached information.

Since your episode files list the wrong SxE numbers but correct episode title, I would recommend ignoring the SxE numbers and matching your files by episode title:
viewtopic.php?t=6136

:idea: I would recommend normalising file names and SxE numbers to TheMovieDB / Airdate Order.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
kyds3k

Re: Can't get Filebot to use TVDB DVD order

Post by kyds3k »

Thank you! Upon further inspection, it seems like the files/names are even more messed up than I thought - it's a "two episodes per file" show, but some of the files were named for just one episode. I have identified the file that I need for her favorite episode, so until I have time to sit down and wade through this, that should be enough!