Does Filebot search for movies? (in Episodes tool)

Support for Windows users
xchthonicx

Does Filebot search for movies? (in Episodes tool)

Post by xchthonicx »

I recently downloaded some movies (Child's Play and the Scary Movie series), but filebot does not find them in search nor also finds them with the themoviedb code in search. For Child's Play, it does fine the tv shows hence my question.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Does Filebot search for movies?

Post by rednoah »

:arrow: Please post screenshots or files paths as text so that we can see what you are seeing.

:idea: Please read How to Request Help for details:
rednoah wrote: 31 Jul 2014, 16:40
  • Include Screenshots (absolutely required for new topics)
  • Include file paths as text when reporting mismatches (press F7 to copy debug information)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
xchthonicx

Post by xchthonicx »

Here is the file paths as text

Code: Select all

Scary.Movie.2000\Scary.Movie.2000.mp4	{"@type":"Episode","seriesName":"30 Even Scarier Movie Moments","season":1,"episode":2,"title":"15 to 1","absolute":2,"airdate":{"year":2007,"month":10,"day":31},"id":1433957,"group":"Miniseries","seriesInfo":{"database":"TheMovieDB::TV","order":"Airdate","language":"en-US","type":"Miniseries","id":35546,"name":"30 Even Scarier Movie Moments","aliasNames":[],"startDate":{"year":2007,"month":10,"day":31},"genres":["Documentary"],"spokenLanguages":["en"],"network":"Bravo","rating":6.0,"ratingCount":5,"runtime":45,"status":"Ended"}}
and here are some screenshots

EDIT: I realized my mistake, I was using episode tab thinking it would fine movie names instead of using movie mode in the rename tab.
It works perfectly, sorry for the trouble.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:?: What was your goal or purpose when trying to find movies via the Episodes tool? What were you trying to achieve? Manually matching movie files?

The Episodes tool is indeed only useful for fetching episode lists for Anime and TV Shows where automatic matching doesn't work well. Please read Manual Matching for details on how to use the Episodes tool.

:idea: If you want to process a movie file named Scary.Movie.2000.mp4 then (1) drop it into into Original Files and then (2) select Fetch Data ➔ Movie Mode: TheMovieDB to match the movie file against the online database. You may use Double-Click ➔ Edit Match to manually select a different movie if automatic matching doesn't work for one reason or another.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.