Microsoft Store update

Support for Windows users
lastico90

Microsoft Store update

Post by lastico90 »

Hello,
My version purchased five years ago on the Microsoft store remains in 4.9.6.
Do you have information on a date for the switch to version 5 ?
Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Re: Microsoft Store update

Post by rednoah »

FileBot 5.0.* will not be released on the Microsoft Store for the time being due to recently reported usability issues combined with the inability to switch between different versions:
viewtopic.php?t=13578

:idea: Future (more stable) releases will be released on the Microsoft Store in due time, and the Microsoft Store will then auto-update you when a new version is available. You don't have to worry about anything.

:?: Do you perhaps have a particular issue with FileBot 4.9.6 that you hope to fix by upgrading to the latest release?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
lastico90

Post by lastico90 »

Any issue with my version.
I just wanted to take advantage of some improvements (jellyfin naming for example) but I will wait.
Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I've sent you a complimentary license for testing:
viewtopic.php?t=1609
vergs

Post by vergs »

Now that FileBot 5.0.2 has been released, will the Windows Store version be updated or will it stay on 4.9.6 for now?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Now that FileBot 5.0.2 has been released, we will wait and see, and if no serious issues come up over the course of the next 2-3 weeks, then this release will be pushed to the Microsoft Store and Mac App Store, as always.

:arrow: I'd be happy to provide a free 1-year complimentary license for the non-Store edition if you want to use it right away and help us find issues. Just PM me with your email address.

EDIT:

And a potentially serious issue have been found:
viewtopic.php?t=13690
lylmik

Post by lylmik »

rednoah wrote: 11 Apr 2023, 04:14 Now that FileBot 5.0.2 has been released, we will wait and see, and if no serious issues come up over the course of the next 2-3 weeks, then this release will be pushed to the Microsoft Store and Mac App Store, as always.
Today the microsoft store version remains in 4.9.6, When will update?

Thanks.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:idea: FileBot 5.0.3 has been submitted to the Microsoft Store on 2023-05-22 and is available for users that manually click the "Update all" or "Get updates" button.

:!: We will not force auto-update for this release for the time being due to severe issues that affect a small number of users for unknown reasons.