Music Track #s Missing

Support for Windows users
jfoor

Music Track #s Missing

Post by jfoor »

First off I love filebot for renaming all my media so far. Recently tried to use it to rename newly downloaded music and I keep getting albums with missing track numbers even though they already numbered in the original file name. This may just be an issue w/ AcoustID as some of the music is rather obscure.

I'm using the script for uTorrent that rednoah posted here: http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic ... 1561#p1561

At this point I'd be happy to just leave the file names as they originally are and JUST use this script to create the Artist/Album folders as my original track numbers/names are almost always correct.

TLDR: Trying to just use filebot script to move/rename Artist/Album folders and skip renaming tracks.

I haven't been able to figure out how to do this on my own so far. Any help?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Music Track #s Missing

Post by rednoah »

AcoustID can only identify tracks by sound. It gets tricky once the same song is Track 1 in the single, Track X in an album, and Track Y in some other Top Hits compilation.

If the music track is in the ID3 tags then you can use the media info bindings to read it. If the number is easily-parseable in the filename you can easily parse it from the filename in your format. You always have {fn} which will give you the current filename after all. ;)

TLDR: {fn}
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
jfoor

Post by jfoor »

{fn} was what I needed.

Thank you very much! Appreciate your help.
jfoor

Post by jfoor »

Could you elaborate on your previous post? I'm not sure where to include the {fn} tag as to sort the files properly. And also how to modify the script you had detailed in the forum link I post where you detail how to automate utorrent. I guess I need to download something to view and modify the ACM script.

Thanks for your help!
jfoor

Post by jfoor »

To elaborate on my issue..

I'm running windows 7, have uTorrent 3.1.3, 64bit AND 32bit Java installed because some apps called for it and the latest version of Filebot.

In my uTorrent Run Program window I have the following:

"filebot -script fn:amc --output "E:/" --log-file amc.log --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def music=y subtitles=en artwork=y --def "musicFormat=E:/Music/{artist}/{album}/{fn}" "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"

which is modified from the original found here: http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic ... 1561#p1561 to include "musicFormat=E:/Music/{artist}/{album}/{fn}" which I thought would fix the problem w/ the script and just leave the existing filenames as is but move the files to the output path in the correct Artist/Album directories.

The script works for 14 of the 17 tracks for this specific album. The tracks that are incorrectly renamed are moved to the base Artist folder and not inside the album folder like the rest of the tracks. When I download this album the original torrent files all contain track numbers and even the correct ID tags. The script runs and for whatever reason changes the filenames of 2 tracks to completely remove the track numbers and incorrectly matches one to a different artist and moves it into the respective folder. In the cmd window that executes once the torrent finishes and the script runs it shows that it's still being renamed w/ AcoustID which would be fine except for the removal of file names and the mismatch.

I'm sure I just have this config'd wrong I just can't see where. I opened up the filebot gui and changed the formatting of music tracks to only rename to "{fn}" and if I try it through filebot by just manually adding them the usual way 100% of the tracks get renamed properly. I just can't figure out how to use this method of renaming (or not renaming the tracks) in the automated uTorrent script you'd posted.

Oh and I've tried w/ other albums hoping this one was just an outside issue but I get a similar outcome with some error'd tracks.

I can post logs/screenshots if necessary..I just think I'm missing something simple here and I've just about exhausted my knowledge on this. Any more help would be greatly appreciated. Or if it would be easier to use something else since I'm just trying to "copy>create artist folder>create album folder>move tracks" then I'm open to suggestions.

Just tried modifying the default amc.groovy script by changing the default music to:

"music: any{ musicFormat }{ '''Music/{artist}/{album}/{fn}''' }"

and I'm still getting the same issue.

Thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

This is good:

Code: Select all

--def "musicFormat=E:/Music/{artist}/{album}/{fn}"
{fn} is the filename and it can't not work, so the original filename is most certainly kept. {album} may not be known, so if that's empty you effectively end up with artist/filename.

Processing audio is not well supported, and often doesn't give you what you want, there's just too many metadata options for each audio track. If you want to rely on ID3 tags instead of the data provided by AcoustID you need to change that in the format.

Logs are ALWAYS helpful.
jfoor

Post by jfoor »

So even though I'm calling the default amc.groovy script having "--def "musicFormat=E:/Music/{artist}/{album}/{fn}"" in the arguments will modify that?

I have yet to have an issue with the {artist} or {album} sorting it's just the filename that keeps getting modified even thought I thought this was specifically telling it not to.

I'll try a fresh install/try when I get home and post the log.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The {fn} part in E:/Music/{artist}/{album}/{fn} can't not work, so the filename is most definitely not modified. Post the logs to proof me otherwise. ;)
jfoor

Post by jfoor »

Okay so using: "filebot -script fn:amc --output "E:/" --log-file amc.log --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def music=y subtitles=en artwork=y --def "musicFormat=E:/Music/{artist}/{album}/{fn}" "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"

outputs the following:

Run script [fn:amc] at [Fri Jul 10 11:18:08 CDT 2015]
Parameter: music = y
Parameter: subtitles = en
Parameter: artwork = y
Parameter: musicFormat = E:/Music/{artist}/{album}/{fn}
Parameter: ut_label = 
Parameter: ut_state = 5
Parameter: ut_title = 2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR
Parameter: ut_kind = multi
Parameter: ut_file = 12-2_chainz-ghetto_dreams_(feat._scarface_and_john_legend).mp3
Parameter: ut_dir = E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR
Input: E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\01-2_chainz-yuck_(feat._lil_wayne).mp3
Input: E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\02-2_chainz-crack.mp3
Input: E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\03-2_chainz-dope_peddler.mp3
Input: E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\04-2_chainz-no_lie_(feat._drake).mp3
Input: E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\05-2_chainz-birthday_song_(feat._kanye_west).mp3
Input: E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\06-2_chainz-im_diffrent.mp3
Input: E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\07-2_chainz-extremely_blessed_(feat._the-dream).mp3
Input: E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\08-2_chainz-i_luve_dem_strippers_(feat._nicki_minaj).mp3
Input: E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\09-2_chainz-stop_me_now_(feat._dolla_boy).mp3
Input: E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\10-2_chainz-money_machine.mp3
Input: E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\11-2_chainz-in_town_(feat._mike_posner).mp3
Input: E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\12-2_chainz-ghetto_dreams_(feat._scarface_and_john_legend).mp3
Input: E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\13-2_chainz-wut_we_doin_(feat._cap.1).mp3
Input: E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\14-2_chainz-countdown_(feat._chris_brown)_(bonus_track).mp3
Input: E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\15-2_chainz-like_me_(bonus_track).mp3
Input: E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\16-2_chainz-i_feel_good_(bonus_track).mp3
Input: E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\17-2_chainz-riot_(bonus_track).mp3
Exclude: E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\00-2_chainz-based_on_a_t.r.u._story-(deluxe_edition)-2012-.jpg
Exclude: E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\00-2_chainz-based_on_a_t.r.u._story-(deluxe_edition)-2012.m3u
Exclude: E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\00-2_chainz-based_on_a_t.r.u._story-(deluxe_edition)-2012.nfo
Exclude: E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\00-2_chainz-based_on_a_t.r.u._story-(deluxe_edition)-2012.sfv
Group: [music:2 chainz based on a t r u story deluxe edition 2012 cr] => [01-2_chainz-yuck_(feat._lil_wayne).mp3, 02-2_chainz-crack.mp3, 03-2_chainz-dope_peddler.mp3, 04-2_chainz-no_lie_(feat._drake).mp3, 
05-2_chainz-birthday_song_(feat._kanye_west).mp3, 06-2_chainz-im_diffrent.mp3, 07-2_chainz-extremely_blessed_(feat._the-dream).mp3, 08-2_chainz-i_luve_dem_strippers_(feat._nicki_minaj).mp3, 
09-2_chainz-stop_me_now_(feat._dolla_boy).mp3, 10-2_chainz-money_machine.mp3, 11-2_chainz-in_town_(feat._mike_posner).mp3, 12-2_chainz-ghetto_dreams_(feat._scarface_and_john_legend).mp3, 
13-2_chainz-wut_we_doin_(feat._cap.1).mp3, 14-2_chainz-countdown_(feat._chris_brown)_(bonus_track).mp3, 15-2_chainz-like_me_(bonus_track).mp3, 16-2_chainz-i_feel_good_(bonus_track).mp3, 17-2_chainz-riot_(bonus_track).mp3]
Rename music using [AcoustID]
[COPY] Rename [E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\01-2_chainz-yuck_(feat._lil_wayne).mp3] to [E:\Music\2 Chainz\Based On a T.R.U. Story\01-2_chainz-yuck_(feat._lil_wayne).mp3]
[COPY] Rename [E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\02-2_chainz-crack.mp3] to [E:\Music\2 Chainz\Based On a T.R.U. Story\02-2_chainz-crack.mp3]
[b][COPY] Rename [E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\03-2_chainz-dope_peddler.mp3] to [E:\Music\2 Chainz\03-2_chainz-dope_peddler.mp3][/b]
[b][COPY] Rename [E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\04-2_chainz-no_lie_(feat._drake).mp3] to [E:\Music\Lana Del Rey\Born to Die\04-2_chainz-no_lie_(feat._drake).mp3][/b]
[b][COPY] Rename [E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\05-2_chainz-birthday_song_(feat._kanye_west).mp3] to [E:\Music\2 Chainz\05-2_chainz-birthday_song_(feat._kanye_west).mp3][/b]
[COPY] Rename [E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\06-2_chainz-im_diffrent.mp3] to [E:\Music\2 Chainz\Based On a T.R.U. Story\06-2_chainz-im_diffrent.mp3]
[COPY] Rename [E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\07-2_chainz-extremely_blessed_(feat._the-dream).mp3] to [E:\Music\2 Chainz\Based On a T.R.U. Story\07-2_chainz-extremely_blessed_(feat._the-dream).mp3]
[COPY] Rename [E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\08-2_chainz-i_luve_dem_strippers_(feat._nicki_minaj).mp3] to [E:\Music\2 Chainz\Based On a T.R.U. Story\08-2_chainz-i_luve_dem_strippers_(feat._nicki_minaj).mp3]
[COPY] Rename [E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\09-2_chainz-stop_me_now_(feat._dolla_boy).mp3] to [E:\Music\2 Chainz\Based On a T.R.U. Story\09-2_chainz-stop_me_now_(feat._dolla_boy).mp3]
[COPY] Rename [E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\10-2_chainz-money_machine.mp3] to [E:\Music\2 Chainz\Based On a T.R.U. Story\10-2_chainz-money_machine.mp3]
[COPY] Rename [E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\11-2_chainz-in_town_(feat._mike_posner).mp3] to [E:\Music\2 Chainz\Based On a T.R.U. Story\11-2_chainz-in_town_(feat._mike_posner).mp3]
[COPY] Rename [E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\12-2_chainz-ghetto_dreams_(feat._scarface_and_john_legend).mp3] to [E:\Music\2 Chainz\Based On a T.R.U. Story\12-2_chainz-ghetto_dreams_(feat._scarface_and_john_legend).mp3]
[COPY] Rename [E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\13-2_chainz-wut_we_doin_(feat._cap.1).mp3] to [E:\Music\2 Chainz\Based On a T.R.U. Story\13-2_chainz-wut_we_doin_(feat._cap.1).mp3]
[COPY] Rename [E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\14-2_chainz-countdown_(feat._chris_brown)_(bonus_track).mp3] to [E:\Music\2 Chainz\Based On a T.R.U. Story\14-2_chainz-countdown_(feat._chris_brown)_(bonus_track).mp3]
[COPY] Rename [E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\15-2_chainz-like_me_(bonus_track).mp3] to [E:\Music\2 Chainz\Based On a T.R.U. Story\15-2_chainz-like_me_(bonus_track).mp3]
[COPY] Rename [E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\16-2_chainz-i_feel_good_(bonus_track).mp3] to [E:\Music\2 Chainz\Based On a T.R.U. Story\16-2_chainz-i_feel_good_(bonus_track).mp3]
[COPY] Rename [E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\17-2_chainz-riot_(bonus_track).mp3] to [E:\Music\2 Chainz\Based On a T.R.U. Story\17-2_chainz-riot_(bonus_track).mp3]
Processed 17 files
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
This is just ONE example. Please don't judge the selected album for this example..lol.

As you can see Track 3 & 5 have the track numbers removed AND are put into the base Artist folder and not the correct Album folder like the rest of the tracks. Also Track 4 was incorrectly matches to Lana Del Ray and put in her "Born To Die" album folder..

Maybe I'm missing something simple but it's not working as I'd anticipated. The track names that do work are correct and have not been modified from their original ones which wasn't the case just by using the default AMC.groovy so that's a step in the right direction. It just has trouble with some of the tracks. I tried this with maybe 5 different albums last night and had mixed results. Some albums were 100% perfect and others still output these same errors with missing track numbers or incorrectly matching the artist even though I've specifically told it not to touch the file names.

Does it have anything to do with "Parameter: ut_kind = multi"? Is it reading it as a different format other than music and trying that rename scheme? Or does it just say multi because there are .jpg .nfo .m3u files included in the source directory?
Also Parameter: "ut_label =" is empty not sure if that's effecting it.

Does "--def "musicFormat=E:/Music/{artist}/{album}/{fn}" have to be in the uTorrent run program window parameters or within the amc.groovy script? I've just been adding it to the uTorrent run cmds.

Thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

[COPY] Rename [E:\Torrents\Complete\2_Chainz-Based_On_A_T.R.U._Story-(Deluxe_Edition)-2012-CR\05-2_chainz-birthday_song_(feat._kanye_west).mp3] to [E:\Music\2 Chainz\05-2_chainz-birthday_song_(feat._kanye_west).mp3]
Original Filename:

05-2_chainz-birthday_song_(feat._kanye_west).mp3
Output Filename:

05-2_chainz-birthday_song_(feat._kanye_west).mp3
Sure looks like it's EXACTLY THE SAME to me.

{album} doesn't always work, as I mentioned before.

ut_kind is for single|multi so the amc script knows if it's processing a single file torrent or a multi file torrent.

ut_label is for anime|tv|movie|music so the amc script knows what kind of input it should be processing. If you don't force anything, it'll just decide what to do by itself.

Neither has anything to do with AcoustID not returning the album data.
jfoor

Post by jfoor »

I apologize. My reading comprehension today is at an all time low. You're exactly right, I changed the script to "db:'ID3 Tags" which will work for now.

I appreciate your help, and patience.