Filebot 4.7 changing file date

Support for Windows users
djkilla

Filebot 4.7 changing file date

Post by djkilla »

I did a fresh install of Filebot 4.7 and when using Filebot (platform), ALL of my files are updated to the same current date. The older versions didn't do this when using Filebot (platform). How do I make sure Filebot NEVER changes the date on any of my files?

-DuseExtendedFileAttributes=false and -DuseNativeShell=false in the *.l4j.ini config files also -DuseCreationDate=false. Is there a new setting or something I can do to make sure the date NEVER changes?

I'm using Windows 7 64bit
Installed Filebot regular installer
Using the Filebot (Platform) GUI
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot 4.7 changing file date

Post by rednoah »

Same as this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3726

Seems like there's a bug that causes these system properties to be ignored. The workaround for now is either specifying -no-xattr or using the latest revision.

Code: Select all

-no-xattr
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
djkilla

Post by djkilla »

rednoah wrote:Same as this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3726

Seems like there's a bug that causes these system properties to be ignored. The workaround for now is either specifying -no-xattr or using the latest revision.

Code: Select all

-no-xattr
Thanks so much for the reply! For anyone else with the same issue, I replaced my FileBot.jar in my c:\Program Files\FileBot directory with the updated FileBot.jar located here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/filebo ... ebot/HEAD/

Additional info:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3726

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1609
DavidRTurner
Power User

Post by DavidRTurner »

If you want to re-date the files back to their original dates, I found this utility to be quite good - BulkFileChanger by NirSoft - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/bulk_file_changer.html
WasabiNME

Post by WasabiNME »

That's an unfortunate bug that absolutely still affects the version on the main download page. And since filebot changes a file's creation date to the movie's release date by default, I can't even get the original dates back. Well, except for the movies released before 1970, thanks to Windows not allowing the files to be dated older than that.

How is a MASSIVE bug that's been documented for months not fixed in the release version? What else is broken than can potentially wreck years of properly curated movie files that's only fixed on SourceForge?
WasabiNME

Post by WasabiNME »

Almost five years later, 4.9.3 is still screwing with the file dates. Come on, dude...
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot does not touch file dates (see video) unless explicitly configured to do so via Set Creation Date.

:idea: Except on Windows, where FileBot will explicitly save / restore file dates before / after each xattr-write operation to ensure that the file dates stay unchanged even if they're implicitly updated by Windows.

:?: What OS are you using? Which specific file date is set to what specific value? Last-Modified? Creation-Date? Current date? Movie / Episode airdate? Can you provide a test case? Please read How to Request Help.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.