Music renaming

Support for Windows users
imperialized

Music renaming

Post by imperialized »

I was wondering if there is way to, when renaming music, to not include the "Featuring"

Basically, I am trying to create the structure:

Artist
----Year
---------Album

I have the naming convention in place to do so, but the problem is I end up with

Artist
- Album [xx]
Artist Ft xxx
- Album [xx]
Artist Ft yyy
- Album [xx]

With Album [xx] being the same album.

All of the music gets organized incorrectly with albums scattered about and incomplete.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Music renaming

Post by rednoah »

AcoustID: Acoustic fingerprints are tricky in that FileBot will usually get many hits for each song, from different albums, singles, releases, etc and not always pick the one entry you'd like.

ID3 Tags: Using MediaInfo to read album/artist/track info from file itself is fast and reliable and you know exactly what you get. However, it'll only work for music files with embedded ID3 tags.

I was wondering if there is way to, when renaming music, to not include the "Featuring"
You can do anything you want in the format. In this case, seems like a bit of an ugly hack though.

e.g.

Code: Select all

{'X featuring Y'.before('featuring')}
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
imperialized

Post by imperialized »

So it sounds like there really isn't a best practice method for this. It sounds like I might just have to play around and work with it. It'll take time to get the process done first, but thereafter wouldn't be such a task.

Btw, excellent program. I don't always donate to freeware programs, but your is an exception. As a fellow developer, I appreciate the hours invested in making the filebot program.
imperialized

Post by imperialized »

If anyone is interested, I decided to use an ID3 renamer and bulk rename by Artist (album too if necessary), and was able to get a clean, organized, music lib. It was a little tedious, but worth it in the end.