FileBot on the Windows Store

Support for Windows users
sharkmutiny

FileBot on the Windows Store

Post by sharkmutiny »

Apologies if wrong thread, I don't have the link you gave me handy right now. I am the fellow who gave 4 stars on the Windows Store due to getting asked for feedback the same day I purchased it. I purchased it yesterday, used it once, went and had dinner... when I returned, lo and behold, there was Filebot wanting my feedback. I was somewhat surprised and a little taken aback by it.

I was under the impression that it was Microsoft in control of the seemingly out of control automatic feedback robot. You see, I only recently signed up to be a Windows Insider, it sounded great at the time. However, it seems by doing so, MS have ramped up significantly their questioning my every move. It is like every click of the mouse is being monitored. I am constantly getting asked for feedback from them. For example, I had the new Windows mobile OS for less than a week before they wanted feedback on how stable it was. Am seriously questioning, and definitely reconsidering, my motives in joining their Insider program.

I have since edited my post and bumped you back up to 5 stars where you belong. Have also sent thru a very small token donation. Warning it is not much, it will barely afford a take-away meal, but hoping you will eat it with a smile on your face remembering how it came about :)
Cheers
rednoah
The Source

Re: FileBot on the Windows Store

Post by rednoah »

I donno. Maybe Windows has some feature where it asks users to leave a review as well? They could easily do that actually...

If it says something like "You have renamed 12345 files. Please write a review." though, then that's definitely FileBot doings it's thing:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4866
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
anders

Post by anders »

I have been really happy using filebot on windows for quite a while now and have been updating on a semi-regular basis I keep all my dvd's and t.v shows backed up to hard drive to keep them safe from damage and having to re-buy them.
However i will not be updating from my current build.
I am happy with the current build and as I am my partners full time carer the cost involved with choosing between updating software or computer parts sorry to say but parts come first (software is useless without the hardware). To keep costs down for my household i use a lot of freeware/shareware and have been incredibly happy with FileBot
Nomar1245

Post by Nomar1245 »

I purchased FileBot on the Mac App Store in 2014, but have since moved my server to a Windows environment. Am I eligible for a promo code for the Windows Store version?
frevnew

Post by frevnew »

I saw I just missed the sale, unfortunately, I didnt have the money at the time. Will it be on sale anytime again? I am a school bus driver going to school to be a teacher so funds are very limited at present. Thanks.
Evorg

Post by Evorg »

Hi there
I was just wondering if there is some way to pay without doing it through the Store? When I try to pay It looks like Microsoft is using another exchange rate than the one I can see is the right one (looks like they are charging an extra $5) - is this a issue you have seen before?

Have a nice day
Michael
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Do you have a screenshot? The Store uses local currency in almost all regions so there's no exchange AFAIK. The price may be different in different regions due to local taxes.
Evorg

Post by Evorg »

Oh it must be because of the 25 % tax then. I didn't think about that - i'm so used to the tax being included in the initial price. Thank you for your time :-)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you go to the en_US front page you'll see the price in USD, but you can also go to the store front end for different countries, and then you should see the exact price in that local currency.

🇺🇸 en_US ➔ https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p ... blggh52t9x
🇯🇵 ja_JP ➔ https://www.microsoft.com/ja-jp/store/p ... blggh52t9x

The Japanese version actually says 税込 (tax included) so this may vary by country :D
Evorg

Post by Evorg »

Yeah I see that. I just had to make sure that MS didn't try to make ekstra money off my purchase. But no worries I bought it this morning :-) Thank you very much for a fantastic program - hopefully I will eventually be able to contribute in the forums and give a bit back :-D
eldar4

Post by eldar4 »

Hey, I got FileBot V. 4.7.9 installed on my PC, but I can't find a way to upgrade the version using Windows Store.
Mathematicus

Post by Mathematicus »

I bought a new PC and I am trying to install Filebot on it. I had previously purchased it Order #3468030864), but I am unable to re-download it from the microsoft store. I can get to it in the store, but all options are grayed out.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Are you using the Windows Store website or the Windows Store application? Are you logged in with your Microsoft account?

Please provide a screenshots of all options being grayed out.
DarkStar3333

Post by DarkStar3333 »

Created an account to PM you as instructed, Apparently you cant send PMs without a post.

Doing that now I suppose.
dark88

Post by dark88 »

Hi,

i have an Windows 7 pc and use the portable filebot v4.6.1, how can i get the new version (v 4.7.9) portable?
I have make a donation via PayPal (If you need my paypal transactionno. PM me)

Thanks for the help
rednoah wrote: 05 Nov 2016, 18:49 FileBot is available on the Windows Store since today! No more NSIS / MSI installers or manual updates! :mrgreen:

➔ Purchase FileBot on the Windows Store

:!: Make sure to uninstall previous versions of FileBot before purchasing FileBot on the Windows Store. If FileBot nags about updates or donations, then you are inadvertently running a legacy version of FileBot, and not the latest Windows Store version.

Notes:

Windows 10 with all the latest updates is highly recommended, to make sure the Windows Store works smoothly.

Feedback would be much appreciated. Free Promo Codes are available upon request (PM me) especially for anyone who has contributed one way or another in the past. ;)

:idea: Promo Codes are available for anyone who has donated more than $5 before 2012 or more than $10 before 2014 or more than $20 before 2016.

:idea: Promo Codes can be earned by helping out here in the forums. If you're a FileBot Pro, then earning yourself a Promo Code is a piece of cake. ;)

:idea: Promo Codes are available to any and all open-source developers that have contributed anything of value to any open-source project (developers, maintainers, designers, translators, etc).

:idea: If you're affiliated with any of the projects or services that FileBot is built on (e.g. MediaInfo, TheTVDB, etc) then you can have promo codes for you and all your friends.

:idea: Do you regularly contribute to society without expecting to get paid? e.g. suicide hotline, language teaching for immigrants, voluntary fire and rescue service, etc. You most definitely deserve a promo code!

Troubleshooting:

:idea: FileBot does not require you to install Java on your system. The Windows Store package includes FileBot and all it's dependencies including a JRE. If FileBot asks about Java, then you are inadvertently running a legacy version of FileBot, and not the latest Windows Store version.

:idea: Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling FileBot? If you have previously installed FileBot from outside the Windows Store, then it is highly recommended to that you remove any existing legacy installs of FileBot before installing FileBot from the Windows Store.

:idea: The Windows Store version of FileBot will import your existing settings from legacy versions of FileBot on startup. You can use remove-java-preferences.reg to clear all existing legacy FileBot settings from the Windows registry.

If you have trouble with the Windows Store, please contact Microsoft Support:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

If you have questions regarding the Windows Store and troubleshooting issues, you can ask here:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... ws_install
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The legacy packages are still available on SourceForge.
agentbanks

Post by agentbanks »

I have Windows 10 and filebot installed from the windows store. Filebot use to work just fine. But now when I launch filebot, I get a blue screen of death every time. I have installed all the latest drivers and trouble shoot my hardware. Filebot is the only thing that is causing my pc to go into a BSOD and it does this as soon as I try to launch it. I'm not sure where the logs are located for the windows store version of filebot.

I'm more than happy to send logs or anything you need to help trouble shoot this issue.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Well, if it's a BSOD then there's something seriously wrong with Windows. By design, an app cannot cause a BSOD.

Make sure you have the latest version of Windows 10, i.e. the Fall Creators Update with all the latest minor updates. Then disable anything that interferes with Windows at a lower level, i.e. graphics drivers, anti-virus, Rivertuner, Bitdefender, etc. As a last resort, a clean install of Windows will almost certainly solve the issue.

The BSOD itself might give you some clues as to what part of the Windows kernel crashed. What does it say?
BigSteve84

Post by BigSteve84 »

Hay ive only just found out about filebot, (ive been living under a rock) but i see the first post and im a volunteer at my local fire and rescue service, so wonder if im eligible for a free code
Xerloq

Post by Xerloq »

Just discovered FileBot as well, and want to know if there's a way to try it before committing to it. I will send a PM for a promo code with details on my volunteer work, per the op.
SamBudeh

Post by SamBudeh »

I just read about Filebot, I would really appreciate a promo code.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Sure. There are ways to qualify for a promo code:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4288
Smeulf

Post by Smeulf »

Hi rednoah,

As a former member of an open source project (Media Portal), as a tester/debugger, am I eligible for a promo code ?

Please feel free to PM me if you need more information.

All the best.

Smeulf.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes, absolutely. PMed you a promo code.
jusafreak77

Post by jusafreak77 »

I have donated before i went to windows 10 now i have to pay 20 bucks for the new version from the windows store?