FileBot on the Windows Store

Support for Windows users
rednoah
The Source

Re: FileBot on the Windows Store

Post by rednoah »

rednoah wrote: 05 Nov 2016, 18:49 Promo Codes are available for anyone who has donated more than $5 before 2012 or more than $10 before 2014 or more than $20 before 2016.
Please PM me your donation confirmation so I can issue a promo code for you.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Riggspsk

Post by Riggspsk »

rednoah,
Due to a long winded list of personal/family related issues, I have been mostly off the internet for the last several weeks. I was informed of a Filebot sale on the windows store for $4.99, that is now expired. Is there anyway to get that price now? I have been out of work for several months. I would love to support your software, but I can’t justify the $20 price tag.

I do volunteer to help clean up my local parks twice a month. Just don’t think it will live up to the standards of a promo code.
uriah

Post by uriah »

Hey Rednoah,

In Australia your app is listed at $29.95 which is a pretty high price point for most consumer software. Will you be charging for each version? Each minor version? Will you be asking people to pay again in 1 year?
ZeroByDivide

Post by ZeroByDivide »

uriah wrote: 12 Mar 2018, 03:28 Hey Rednoah,

In Australia your app is listed at $29.95 which is a pretty high price point for most consumer software. Will you be charging for each version? Each minor version? Will you be asking people to pay again in 1 year?
It's a one time payment for the lifetime of the application. No charge for version changes nor having to pay again down the line.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I couldn't even charge for upgrades if I wanted to. The Microsoft Store doesn't support that. If you buy FileBot on the Microsoft Store you'll get a lifetime license and updates forever, so the price has to account for that. It works pretty much the same as the App Store on iOS and the Google Play Store.
uriah

Post by uriah »

Oh, okay. On the App Store they get around that by taking down that app and releasing a new version as a seperate app. I hate apps like that, but it happens with a fair few I've had in the past, some of which cost me a lot of money.

I've made contributions to several open source projects, any chance of a promo code?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

uriah wrote: 12 Mar 2018, 05:56 Oh, okay. On the App Store they get around that by taking down that app and releasing a new version as a seperate app. I hate apps like that, but it happens with a fair few I've had in the past, some of which cost me a lot of money.
I won't do that. FileBot is priced accordingly.

uriah wrote: 12 Mar 2018, 05:56 I've made contributions to several open source projects, any chance of a promo code?
Yes. Please list your contributions, and GitHub project / pull request links if you can.
jusafreak77

Post by jusafreak77 »

I pm'd directly and was pointed to this forum. I donated about a year ago to this cause wondering how do we get the promo codes
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can PM me your donation details and then I'll issue a promo code. This is a manual process.
Latinkidmj

Post by Latinkidmj »

I believe I bought Filebot previously, how can I redownload it? Also, I've repeatedly reported to the Microsoft people that Filebot CAN'T BE BOUGHT on the MS Store website. The button isn't clickable there and other software doesn't work either. I've tried buying Adobe products on the Microsoft store and they're not clickable either. I don't know what's up with that...hope you can help me
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You'll have to use the Microsoft Store app, not the web browser. If you still can't figure it out, please post a screenshot of what you see.
POTI

Post by POTI »

I have donated several times over the years. I am not running Win10, I am still on Win7. Is there a way to get the latest version that will work on win7? I would also like a promo code.
whiskey

Post by whiskey »

I've been trying to purchase FileBot, but for some reason I seem to have lost the Windows store app! I'm using Windows 10. I have tried to follow the tutorials how to restore it using powershell, but the store app is just not found.

Do you offer some other method of purchase?

I'm sorry for any possible inconvenience.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can't "loose" the Windows Store app. Just type "Store" in the Start menu search if you can't find it.
ZMD

Post by ZMD »

Hallo, ich habe schon am 03.04.2017 gespendet, muss ich jetzt nochmal spenden, um die Software zu erhalten!?
Unterlagen können vorgelegt werden!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Please PM me your donation details and I'll have a look. You may be eligible for a promo code.
whiskey

Post by whiskey »

rednoah wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 20:47 You can't "loose" the Windows Store app. Just type "Store" in the Start menu search if you can't find it.
Well that's what I also thought before I went and lost the damn app. Here's a screenshot with the browser unable to open the links to store and nothing found in programs

https://i.imgur.com/TKnaODt.png
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That is strange indeed. Are you using some kind of strange version of Windows?

A Factory Reset would almost certainly fix the problem no matter how screwed up your Windows install is. But that's a last resort.
whiskey

Post by whiskey »

rednoah wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 14:04 That is strange indeed. Are you using some kind of strange version of Windows?

A Factory Reset would almost certainly fix the problem no matter how screwed up your Windows install is. But that's a last resort.

Just basic W10. I'm not in much need of the store - only use would have been to purchase FileBot, but I will have to do that later.
leesylou80

Post by leesylou80 »

I love FileBot and find it really helpful in renaming so thank you!

Please bear with me for a second whilst I explain. I was studying to be a teacher when I was 20 and in my first year of University, I had a stroke. Then in my second year, I had another stroke. I developed "acquired dyslexia" which, for an English Literature teacher who wanted to teach English, was not good! I did all my exams though and I got a degree but unfortunately, the government wouldn't let me become a teacher as I didn't have a good health record :-( Since then, I have been in and out of hospital, had loads of medical procedures including major liver surgery and am now under investigation at the Marsden (a major cancer hospital in London) for Fibromatosis. I also have Lupus, Antiphospholipid Syndrome (hence the strokes) and am in chronic pain.

Although I am really rather unwell and on benefits because I can't work, I don't believe that it's fair to use an app/programme like yours for free. If you use it a lot, you donate or buy it. I use yours a lot and whilst I don't do anything as amazing as some of the people on here (all I can say I do is to help train doctors by being a test patient - from research to being a pin-cushion!), I would really like the opportunity to donate to you outside of Windows Store. So if there is a way of doing this, I am happy to give up my cans of Pepsi and donate to you in order to get a licence!

Is there any way that this can be done?

Thank you again for making this!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Dear Lisa. Promo code sent via PM. That's the least I can do for you.

PS: I like your humour! :lol:
leesylou80 wrote: 19 Mar 2018, 22:01 All I can say I do is to help train doctors by being a test patient - from research to being a pin-cushion!
jerbyjoober

Post by jerbyjoober »

I have been using FileBot for several years, I used it on my VM and it has Windows 7 on it. When you went to the Windows 10 store version, we were still able to have gotten it from sourceforge. I "think" i donated back then, but I cannot remember. I do know that the message used to say "Thanks for your support". The main reason that I used FileBot was because of the Run Program feature in uTorrent. It works BEAUTIFULLY! But a few weeks ago that all broke. I have thought about getting it for Windows 10, but I use Windows 7. Do you not have a Windows 7 version that would work? I have no problem paying for it, and I would have already if I could use the Windows 10 app on Windows 7.
easy90rider

Post by easy90rider »

@rednoah:
This https://www.reddit.com/r/filebot/commen ... u/dvh20hg/ got me here.

First of all, "Price Level 20" is more than a day's work for me... (damn, I need to move...)

But since I use and like your software, I promised myself that if I got to 20000 renamed files I will buy the software... I am at 13000-14000.
I have to confess that I am one of them evil ones who used the app built for older Windows, on Windows 10 (It was really easy to install, to be honest, right click on the installer -> properties, make some changes and that's it.)

Not too long ago you released 4.7.19, and now I get a nag screen every time I start the app. I also knew that 4.7.9 is the last freely available build.
So I went to the store and saw that the app is on 50% sale, so I said to myself that it would be wise to buy (hey, it's just half a day of work) but the only problem is that stupid Microsoft store doesn't let me buy it... I get this error when I try to pay. https://imgur.com/qgrlUu3
I have successfully used that payment method before, by the way, so I don't know what's wrong...

So I guess I am left with using the app as long as the APIs work... Or pray that someday Microsoft store will work... Or hope that there is an updated Linux build... Or?

P.s. I tried Phoenix09's prebuilt version but it has UI issues, I think it's because of 125% scale, but I am not sure, so I went back to 4.7.9. Does the Microsoft store app have UI issues too?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Less than 600 EUR per month? Where are you from? What is your profession?

The error message says you should contact Microsoft Support. Did you contact Microsoft Support? What did they say?

If you're using Phoenix09's build, then you're not welcome to impose on my time here in the official forums, but very welcome to ask Phoenix09 for support on any issues that you may have:
https://github.com/Phoenix09/filebot/issues/3

FileBot is tested on 1x and 2x resolution, so it'll work best on 100% and 200% scale factors. I wouldn't recommend using non-integer scale factors. Apple wisely does the same and only supports 1x, 2x and 4x scale factors.
easy90rider

Post by easy90rider »

rednoah wrote: 29 Mar 2018, 05:38 1.
Less than 600 EUR per month? Where are you from? What is your profession?
I make a bit more than half of that, eastern Europe (EU), IT support.
The error message says you should contact Microsoft Support. Did you contact Microsoft Support? What did they say?
I had to move my account to local, I had it on USA so that I could use Cortana, but I also had to use a different credit card... - in case others have the same issue, try to do what I did.
If you're using Phoenix09's build, then you're not welcome to impose on my time here in the official forums, but very welcome to ask Phoenix09 for support on any issues that you may have:
https://github.com/Phoenix09/filebot/issues/3
I am not using that, I actually find it nice to see how many files has Filebot renamed!
FileBot is tested on 1x and 2x resolution, so it'll work best on 100% and 200% scale factors. I wouldn't recommend using non-integer scale factors. Apple wisely does the same and only supports 1x, 2x and 4x scale factors.
Yes, but 2x would be crazy to use :-) Maybe on a 4k monitor.
Anyway, it seems that Phoenix09 messed something up...

P.S. https://imgur.com/7od2WqF :-)