FileBot on the Windows Store

Support for Windows users
ZMD

Re: FileBot on the Windows Store

Post by ZMD »

rednoah wrote: 29 Apr 2018, 04:24
ZMD wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 20:49 Hello, my FileBot does not start anymore. I purchased it from the Windows Store.
Can you provide more information? Such as screenshots?
Can you please tell me what you would like to have a screenshot from?
jetbootz

Post by jetbootz »

it seems it is a problem across the board. I have an up to date ( fresh install today ) of WIN 10 64 and a app store purchase of filebot and it wont launch on any of my machines.
all I can get off the CMD is -

C:\Users\darre>filebot -script fn:sysinfo
Error during startup
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at net.filebot.Main.main(Main.java:108)
Caused by: net.sf.ehcache.CacheException: java.io.IOException: Unable to acquire cache lock: C:\Users\darre\AppData\Roaming\FileBot\cache
at net.filebot.CacheManager.<init>(CacheManager.java:36)
at net.filebot.CacheManager.<clinit>(CacheManager.java:22)
... 1 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unable to acquire cache lock: C:\Users\darre\AppData\Roaming\FileBot\cache
at net.filebot.CacheManager.acquireDiskStore(CacheManager.java:124)
at net.filebot.CacheManager.<init>(CacheManager.java:33)
... 2 more

can anyone help please ?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

ZMD wrote: 30 Apr 2018, 19:50
rednoah wrote: 29 Apr 2018, 04:24
ZMD wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 20:49 Hello, my FileBot does not start anymore. I purchased it from the Windows Store.
Can you provide more information? Such as screenshots?
Can you please tell me what you would like to have a screenshot from?
Your Desktop when FileBot doesn't work. A common problem is that FileBot is running (i.e. in the task bar) but somehow the window is displayed outside of the screen bounds (e.g. on a disconnected external monitor).
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

jetbootz wrote: 02 May 2018, 09:54 it seems it is a problem across the board. I have an up to date ( fresh install today ) of WIN 10 64 and a app store purchase of filebot and it wont launch on any of my machines.
all I can get off the CMD is -

C:\Users\darre>filebot -script fn:sysinfo
Error during startup
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at net.filebot.Main.main(Main.java:108)
Caused by: net.sf.ehcache.CacheException: java.io.IOException: Unable to acquire cache lock: C:\Users\darre\AppData\Roaming\FileBot\cache
at net.filebot.CacheManager.<init>(CacheManager.java:36)
at net.filebot.CacheManager.<clinit>(CacheManager.java:22)
... 1 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unable to acquire cache lock: C:\Users\darre\AppData\Roaming\FileBot\cache
at net.filebot.CacheManager.acquireDiskStore(CacheManager.java:124)
at net.filebot.CacheManager.<init>(CacheManager.java:33)
... 2 more

can anyone help please ?
Can you repeat the process with one your machines without installing any of your custom tools?

Install Windows, login to Microsoft Account, install FileBot. Nothing else. That kinda can't not work.

Afterwards we can have a look at your custom software and narrow down which one is interfering with things. I'm keen on finding out.
Schrottvogel

Post by Schrottvogel »

Hi!

After I recognized the Linux version didn't get any updates, I bought FB from the Windows Store a few days ago.

How can I see which version is installed and how dose it works with updates? It is my first Windows Store purchase. :D

I ask, because the validation function in FB didn't work and maybe updates will bring the function back.

Greetings,

Schrotty
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

See FAQ for how to see which version / revision you're using. If you're using the Windows Store, then you'll always be running the latest version, because the Windows Store will automatically update your apps.
FiveMonkeys

Post by FiveMonkeys »

Hello. I just built a new Win 10 machine, and I too am unable to purchase the app from the Windows Store. The purchase button shows $19.99, but is disabled. I am able to purchase other apps from the store fine, so this is specific to FileBot.

I'm perfectly happy to pay the money for the latest version. What are my options to get the 4.8.x version?

I'm in the U.S.

Thanks for a great app!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Please post a screenshot of the Windows Store page with Purchase button disabled. There's usually some message. Maybe you just need to install the latest Windows 10 updates?
Dudleydogg

Post by Dudleydogg »

I have similar issue, Installed on 3 Windows 10 Machines, Then I did another PC with a clean Install to test, Installed FB from Windows Store and receive same error, about permissions in C:\program files\WindowsApps, Tried to even modify permissions on that test box and still no luck.
Yes I am Domain Administrator, Full desktop Administrator, no i cannot launch the program.
This has to be a known issue with Windows Latest release, Please advise.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Maybe a screenshot would provide lots of information as to what exactly you're doing? For example, how exactly are you trying to start FileBot? By clicking on the Start menu tile?

You're not supposed to change default permissions. If you mess with the WindowsApps folder you might break things. Windows Store apps can only be launched by using the Start menu button, not by double clicking the exe file.
Samation

Post by Samation »

Hello Rednoah,

I would like a promo-code although am not sure why I have donated in excess of the price in 2013 and 2016, should I pm the stubs.

Thank you for your work thus far.

Regards,
Sam
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Please PM me your PayPal Email or name so I can look up your previous donations.
linesma

Post by linesma »

Went through almost 2 hours of tech support hades with a Windows technician in order to even purchase the application on the Microsoft Store. When I would click "buy", the button would disappear for a little bit, and then it would reappear. Meanwhile, the App was not purchased. Had to create a new local user account and prove that I truly was who I said I was just to make the purchase. In an ironic twist, even though it was on sale for $9, I was charged the full price! Needless to say, it was not a fun or easy experience. I understand why you decided to release it on the Windows Store, but I really miss the days of the exe or msi installer, and receiving a license key via e-mail. (maybe I am just getting old ;) )

All that being said, I have used your application for years under Linux, and wanted to have it on my Windows machine. While not a fan of the UWP and Windows/ Microsoft Store in general, I was happy to help support your development efforts.
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Friedrich Nietzsche
vampyrex13

Post by vampyrex13 »

Why is Filebot showing up as on sale when I check the store from my computer at work, but when I check on my computer at home with my personal account, it's full price. I want to purchase it, but I don't want it linked to my work account.
abeta

Post by abeta »

linesma wrote: 10 May 2018, 14:16 Had to create a new local user account and prove that I truly was who I said I was just to make the purchase.
I seem to be having the same issue as you. Can you clarify what you meant by create a new local account? When you do this to purchase it, do you have to login with your normal account then?
superyiwu

Post by superyiwu »

abeta wrote: 14 May 2018, 15:16
linesma wrote: 10 May 2018, 14:16 Had to create a new local user account and prove that I truly was who I said I was just to make the purchase.
I seem to be having the same issue as you. Can you clarify what you meant by create a new local account? When you do this to purchase it, do you have to login with your normal account then?
I have the very same problem. Is there any further information on this issue?
vinylsteve

Post by vinylsteve »

i am having the very same problem. Tried numerous fixes but no luck :cry:
superyiwu

Post by superyiwu »

Thank you kim for you support.
Sadly it didn't work in my case, but something else did. Fairly simple to be honest.
I read here that you can try to logout from the windows store and then log back in.
In my case it worked wonders. I can now download and purchase apps.
I hope it helps some of you as well
linesma

Post by linesma »

superyiwu wrote: 17 May 2018, 18:47 Thank you kim for you support.
Sadly it didn't work in my case, but something else did. Fairly simple to be honest.
I read here that you can try to logout from the windows store and then log back in.
In my case it worked wonders. I can now download and purchase apps.
I hope it helps some of you as well
I am sorry that I did not reply sooner. I was on a vacation trip and because I lost a bet with the wife, I had to leave the laptop at home. :(

What I did was to create a new "local user account" on my Windows 10 computer. This account is an account that resides only on your computer. It will be tied to whatever Microsoft account that you use with the Windows Store. Because it is a local account, it will not affect your Windows activation or any of your Windows Store settings. I then logged into that local user account and was able to purchase programs from the Windows Store. After you make a purchase, you can log into your normal account and install the program there. I then deleted the extra local user account. Here are the directions from Microsoft on how to make a local user account: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... or-account
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Friedrich Nietzsche
notyourduck

Post by notyourduck »

Hey @rednoah after getting a new laptop I just discovered filebot is no longer for public use.. you wrote at the beginning of this thread that you would consider giving licenses to people who have done some kind of community services in the past. Well when I was in church I used to go do missions trips to Mongolia. This was more than just simple proselytizing but also had a lot to do with distributing simple medical/dental care and spreading information about aids prevention. I don't know how you feel about community service that is church oriented but I really feel like we did some good over there..
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

notyourduck wrote: 30 May 2018, 16:02 Hey @rednoah after getting a new laptop I just discovered filebot is no longer for public use.. you wrote at the beginning of this thread that you would consider giving licenses to people who have done some kind of community services in the past. Well when I was in church I used to go do missions trips to Mongolia. This was more than just simple proselytizing but also had a lot to do with distributing simple medical/dental care and spreading information about aids prevention. I don't know how you feel about community service that is church oriented but I really feel like we did some good over there..
Not into church myself. But AIDS prevention is definitely desirable.
RBCC

Post by RBCC »

I cant get the Windows store version of file to download , it keeps saying that it cant connect to the store, is there a standalone version of filebot I can dl ? Can I put this on another computer with repurchasing it? John :mrgreen:
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

RBCC wrote: 01 Jun 2018, 15:16 I cant get the Windows store version of file to download , it keeps saying that it cant connect to the store, is there a standalone version of filebot I can dl ? Can I put this on another computer with repurchasing it? John :mrgreen:
Unfortunately, no. What does the error message say? Do you have a screenshot? Have you talked to Microsoft Support to find a solution?
sakuryu

Post by sakuryu »

Hi, I like your program and I have windows 10, I'd like to get a code if I can. I don't have any money to help, but I like to donate blood and I like to help people when I can. I can't work really because I have autism and other problems though.