Script not found: amc, unable to get windows store version

Support for Windows users
Al3x

Script not found: amc, unable to get windows store version

Post by Al3x »

I am very recently getting "Script not found: AMC". I'm using 4.7.2 (r4178). It appears similar to this viewtopic.php?t=4862 , see image below:

I have Windows 10, but am unable to update to Anniversary edition, so I'm unable to get the Windows Store version. I've spent hours and hours trying to update Win10 so I just need to do a clean install at some point but that'll take an entire Saturday. I love the software and did donate >$20 in 2014 so it's not a matter of trying to avoid contributing...I just don't think I can get the Windows 10 version anytime soon due to compatibility issues that are a huge effort to resolve on my end.

Is there anyway to continue using the same (or non-Windows Store) version but resolve the AMC issue?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Script not found: amc, unable to get windows store version

Post by rednoah »

Best to keep things up to date. You'll have to use the Windows Store.

If your Windows 10 machine is so broken that it can't install updates, then you really should reset it yesterday. ;) I don't see how there could be compatibility issues between two versions of Windows 10.

:idea: Please PM me your donation transaction code and you'll get a Store promo code.

:idea: The old MSI packages are still there. But I highly discourage you from using them, especially since you'll need to update them manually to keep things running smoothly.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Al3x

Post by Al3x »

I'm able to install updates (security, etc), just not the Anniversary update, which I think is mainly major features. Some of those features are centered around the store, which is part of the problem of why I don't even have the option to get it in the store (see image). It was a top of the line i7 desktop (8 years ago) that has made it this long, but I'm just going to eventually replace the whole thing so it's in the works, but probably a couple months out.

This is what I see in the Windows store:

I was able to find the MSI's and updated my version and am working again though! I'll send the PM because I do want to get the Windows store version at some point.

Thanks for the help!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I see. Does Windows really restrict older machines from receiving the Anniversary / Creatores updates? I think I read something about that, but I thought I'd show some error message instead of telling to update and then failing. :D
jairame

Post by jairame »

Hi there, I noticed that I am also getting the script not found error starting this week. I was using 4.7.2 but upgraded to 4.7.8 and am still receiving the script not found: amc error. Anything else I can check? I wiped out all instances of filebot and installed it cleanly on my Windows 10 x64 machine.

What has changed from last week to this week with amc?

This is the script I am using in utorrent:

Code: Select all

filebot.launcher.exe -script fn:amc --output "G:\media" --log-file G:\fb.logs\amc.log --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def music=n artwork=n --def backdrops=n --def clean=y --def plex=white-box "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"
Here's my sysinfo:

Code: Select all

FileBot 4.7.8 (r4846)
JNA Native: 5.1.0
MediaInfo: 0.7.92.1
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: 1.4.2
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2017-03-24 (r490)
Groovy: 2.4.8
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_102
JVM: 64-bit Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 8 Core / 7 GB Max Memory / 50 MB Used Memory
Package: MSI
Data: C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\FileBot
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

script not found: amc error means that you're using an old version of FileBot. You will not get this error with 4.7.8 or above.

:idea: Uninstall all versions of FileBot until filebot -version does not work anymore. Then install FileBot ONLY from the Windows Store. The Store makes everything easy and eliminates user errors.
Al3x

Post by Al3x »

rednoah wrote:I see. Does Windows really restrict older machines from receiving the Anniversary / Creatores updates? I think I read something about that, but I thought I'd show some error message instead of telling to update and then failing. :D
It does show an error message, but if you google the message it's got 1000 people fighting the same thing with the same general consensus to make a brand new ISO and wipe the machine. I just have too many programs and things tuned just right where I don't need it until I decide to drop $3k on a new desktop. I use it for Plex, browsing the web, and TF2 every now and then so it's fine for the moment.

Again I appreciate the help!
jairame

Post by jairame »

rednoah wrote:script not found: amc error means that you're using an old version of FileBot. You will not get this error with 4.7.8 or above.
I am using 4.7.8 though and still receiving this issue. I have uninstalled until filebot and it's switches no longer work in the command prompt.

Deleted 4.7.8 (installed through Sourceforge) and am using the Windows 10 app. It's working now!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

rednoah wrote:script not found: amc error means that you're using an old version of FileBot. You will not get this error with 4.7.8 or above.
:!: This is a fact and you're simply wrong (and missing something) if you think otherwise.

:idea: By installing the latest legacy package, you have overridden the previously installed legacy package (which was outdated and took precedent over the Windows Store version due to your %PATH% settings). It's not a solution if you don't understand why it works. ;)