Windows Store is a pain - Say no to APPS

Support for Windows users
zymurgy42

Windows Store is a pain - Say no to APPS

Post by zymurgy42 »

Finally got Filebot through Windows Store.

Was having an issue when I dragged a file into the Filebot window, I would get a Network error message popup and the file copy process would fail (this has worked perfectly in all version before). Now I admit that I played with the WindowsApps folder (I was trying to create a shortcut) permissions. So I put the Trusted installer back as default. Uninstalled (removed app) Filebot. Rebooted and no Windows Store fails to load. I have spent hours on this and cannot get it to work. Like a ton of other users out there, the store is a pain, fails, intrusive etc etc.

I don't want to ever use the Windows store, can I get a normal, regular Windows install version? I've paid for it, so please let me have a key.

G.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Windows Store is a pain - Say no to APPS

Post by rednoah »

Have you tried all of this?
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4881

:idea: A reboot is only one of many potential workarounds.

Unfortunately, there is no license key infrastructure.

You can still install the latest legacy package with this command for now:

Code: Select all

msiexec /i https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/filebot/filebot/FileBot_4.7.9/FileBot_4.7.9_x64.msi
:!: This package will nag you about donations and such though and may not be supported in the future, so it's not an ideal solution.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
AndyPok1

Re: Windows Store is a pain - Say no to APPS

Post by AndyPok1 »

Just want to toss my two cents in and say I hope you keep creating an MSI, and am more than happy to donate to make sure that happens. I use FB on my Win Server 2012, so Store isn't an option. I wouldn't even bother updating, but AMC suddenly quit working, and it led me down a rabbit hole here.