Extracting video information

Support for Windows users
CHA0SENG7NE

Extracting video information

Post by CHA0SENG7NE »

Hi
Im fairly new to using Filebot. Any help would be appreciated or a point in the right direction.
Im a little stuck when renaming files to include the video information as it doesnt always work.
I am using windows 10 pro latest version and I have purchased filebot from the windows store.

I use the graphic user interface as I dont understand how to use the command line.

I have managed to rename my files as id like but when i reopen filebot it doesnt extract the video information again.

When it works I get this...

Example of file Game Of Thrones/Season 1/Game Of Thrones S01E01 - Winter Is Coming [ 1080p 8bit x264 AAC 5.1 ]

When it doesnt I get....

Example of file Game Of Thrones/Season 1/Game Of Thrones S01E01 - Winter Is Coming [ bit ]

Any help would be appreciated. Im a beginner please be gentle!

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Re: Extracting video information

Post by rednoah »

So for the exact same file, it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't? Or are we talking about different files, some of which work, and some of which don't?

Did you previously install FileBot from outside of the Store? My educated guess would be that you are sometimes accidentally starting the legacy version of FileBot (which doesn't work) instead of the Windows Store version (which does work). Try uninstalling all versions of FileBot, and then only installing the Windows Store version.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
CHA0SENG7NE

Post by CHA0SENG7NE »

Hi thanks for getting back to me
Yes its the same file when i get home ill post the template that i use.
I was using a version from the website before switching to the store version to support the developer/s. I uninstalled the initial version first though. I will start fresh tonight and make sure nothing is left behind in case its that.
Thanks for the advice. Hopefully its an easy fix.
Cheers
CHA0SENG7NE

Post by CHA0SENG7NE »

Hi

So after uninstalling and running ccleaner, checking folders Filebot is working as expected. My format is working perfectly. Thank you for the help on the matter.
My template is as follows:

Code: Select all

D:\TV Shows\{n}/{'Season '+s}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t} [ {vf} {vc} {bitdepth}bit {ac} {channels} ]

D:\Movies\{ny}/{n.colon(' - ')} ({y}){' CD'+pi} [ {vf} {vc} {bitdepth}bit {ac} {channels} ]
I have tried the amc script in utorrent and it worked brilliantly! is it possible to add my template to the script? i don't have a clue how you do this.Sorry. This is what i used.

filebot -script fn:amc --output "X:/Media" --action copy --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def unsorted=y music=y artwork=y "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"
Is it possible to add my templates so when utorrent finishes it runs this and renames for me. Any guidance appreciated

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:idea: Use the @file syntax for reading command-line arguments from external text files.

It works like this:

filebot -script fn:amc --output D:/ --action copy --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file D:/amc.log --def movieFormat=@D:/MovieFormat.groovy seriesFormat=@D:/SeriesFormat.groovy unsorted=y music=y artwork=y "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"
Now FileBot will read your custom format from D:/MovieFormat.groovy and D:/SeriesFormat.groovy. These files must be UTF-8 encoded plain/text files. Use a code editor to create and edit these files. Do not use Windows Notepad or Microsoft Word.
CHA0SENG7NE

Post by CHA0SENG7NE »

Hi
So I have been playing with Filebot today and well.... got stuck.
I created the .groovy files and copied the following into the relative file,should the groovy file have .txt on the end?
MovieFormat.groovy

{ny}/{n.colon(' - ')} ({y}){' CD'+pi} [ {vf} {vc} {bitdepth}bit {ac} {channels} ]
SeriesFormat.groovy

{n}/{'Season '+s}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t} [ {vf} {vc} {bitdepth}bit {ac} {channels} ]
This is in utorrent run program...

filebot -script fn:amc --output C:/Media --action copy --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file C:/Groovy/amc.log --def movieFormat=@C:/Groovy/MovieFormat.groovy SeriesFormat=@C:/Groovy/SeriesFormat.groovy unsorted=y music=y artwork=y "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"
It doesnt do anything when a download has finished? I am a little stuck now.

Is it possible to do a test run without having to download a file each time?

Thank you
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes. If utorrent can call it, then you can call it. It's a simple command-line tool after all. Please read the Troubleshooting section. If something is not working, then the console output will tell you why.

:idea: The filebot amc script is a command-line tool, so you will need to know or learn some (very basic) command-line skills.
CHA0SENG7NE

Post by CHA0SENG7NE »

Thank you Rednoah for your help.

I have been reading through the posts and now have a better understanding and now learning.

I think in a short time ill get this nailed.

Cheers and love Filebot
CHA0SENG7NE

Post by CHA0SENG7NE »

So further on from the initial subject and thanks for the help Rednoah!
The amc script is working and I have successfully added my naming format into the custom format .groovy files
Very happy this is working now but......
If the TV Show or movie doesn't get a match it gets put into an unsorted folder. Is it possible to change where the unsorted folder location is?

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can pass in your own unsortedFormat.

e.g.

--def unsortedFormat="Unsorted/{file.structurePathTail}"
CHA0SENG7NE

Post by CHA0SENG7NE »

Thank you I will give this a try so to double check my path should look like this

--def unsortedFormat="C:/Media/Unsorted/{file.structurePathTail}"
CHA0S
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes, that'll work.

In a previous post you said you're using --output C:/Media so specifying --def unsortedFormat should not change behaviour, because it's the same as the default.
CHA0SENG7NE

Post by CHA0SENG7NE »

Hi that's brilliant. Thanks.
Currently I am only practicing and testing on my pc. Once I am fully happy the final save locations are going to change so the information is very valuable when I switch. The AMC script is pretty amazing. Next I think I will try triggering Kodi to update library. --def kodi=host[:port] Slowly but surely getting there.

CHA0S