How do I rename files on google drive with filebot?

Support for Windows users
Davidm30

Post by Davidm30 »

rednoah
The Source

Re: How do I rename files on google drive with filebot?

Post by rednoah »

Install Google Drive. Open the folder that is mapped to Google Drive. Process files like any other files.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
SirPenetrator

Post by SirPenetrator »

I just bought Filebot based on that post.

You forgot to mention that it automatically starts to download the whole Season to my Local Drive (as soon as you drag them into Filebot) just to rename them. I thought this process would be possible without downloading all the files. :(

I'm now just going to Copy all the Episode names from Filebot and replace the names in Google Drive directly... :D
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot will read bits and pieces of the file, such as metadata embedded in the header, when identifying files. Presumably, Google Drive just caches the whole file on access, even if just a few bytes are accessed.

:idea: I'm not aware that Google Drive has a "sync on demand" feature nowadays. It's probably not working "correctly" if reading a few kilobytes at the beginning of the file causes a whole multi-gigabyte file to be synced. Please make a bug report in the Google products forum.
beergeek

Post by beergeek »

rednoah wrote: 07 Dec 2017, 09:46 FileBot will read bits and pieces of the file, such as metadata embedded in the header, when identifying files. Presumably, Google Drive just caches the whole file on access, even if just a few bytes are accessed.

:idea: I'm not aware that Google Drive has a "sync on demand" feature nowadays. It's probably not working "correctly" if reading a few kilobytes at the beginning of the file causes a whole multi-gigabyte file to be synced. Please make a bug report in the Google products forum.
Google Drive File Stream (https://gsuiteupdates.googleblog.com/20 ... oogle.html) was released earlier this year. It replaces the old Google Drive desktop app and allows sync on demand as you describe. It's extremely popular with Plex users as it works great if your server is a Mac/Windows machine.

I too ran into this problem and can't use Filebot with Google Drive File Stream on OSX. I'm going to try it with a rclone mount and see if that improves it at all.

BTW, the error that Filebot throws is:

Code: Select all

FileSystemException: /Google Drive File Stream: Operation not permitted
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Unfortunately, there's not much FileBot can do if the operating system denies access for whatever reason.

Remote virtual filesystems are difficult to implement, and especially difficult to implement well, so new software such as Google Drive File Stream is probably still pretty buggy.

Please report these kind of issues in the Google product forums as well, so the devs can understand your use case and fix things:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/
SirPenetrator

Post by SirPenetrator »

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your fast answer! Okay. Well, like I said I'll just use it that way so that I just copy the names of the series and replace them in GDrive directly.

@beergeek; I didn't encounter the error. It just took ages until the episodes were in Filebot (at the same time they were all downloading, and it's a pain in the ass how Google handles this to cancel the sync progress). And after the names were changed it also took a long time till it appeared in GDrive again. In the meanwhile (when you tried to place the renamed files in GDrive) you couldn't do anything it just looked like it was frozen. After I force closed Filebot and FileStream (and uninstalled it etc. so I could delete all the downloaded/synced episodes) I strangely got to rename a few episodes still. The progress isn't just visible and takes time... it's not very clear.

Can you update me if it worked better with the rclone mount? Thanks. :)
Unitas81

Post by Unitas81 »

I'm using a rclone mount on windows 7 with filebot. It is not ideal but functional. Just can't do massive folders at a time. Example my Anime folder is 2.79 TB it has 279 series and roughly 30 episodes per series average. Through rclone filebot loads that folder in about 10minutes. But searching for metadata and naming takes 20+hours of constant attendance clicking to select the proper show when they popup.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Unitas81 wrote: 14 Aug 2020, 18:56 20+hours of constant attendance clicking to select the proper show when they popup.
Please read Optimizations for Remote File Systems and Match Mode: Opportunistic vs Strict for solutions to that.
alcynic

Post by alcynic »

@rednoah for those files how do I enter the codes sorry if its a simple question