[Fixed ]Filebot CLI - Access is denied.

Support for Windows users
gajotres

[Fixed ]Filebot CLI - Access is denied.

Post by gajotres »

Hi everyone,

after using this app for two years I decided to buy it over Windows 10 store, thus supporting the developer and everything he did so far.

Unfortunately, the application is no longer working over CLI.

First of all, after initial installation application was not in a PATH so I found it and add it manually: c:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_4.7.9.0_x64__49ex9gnthnt12\

Now when I try to access the app from CMD I'm receiving this error: Access is denied.

I have tried to execute filebot.exe and filebot.launcher.exe, with and without exe extension; no luck.

Then I tried to do some Win10 magic on how to access Win10 app through CLI: explorer.exe shell:appsFolder\PointPlanck.FileBot_49ex9gnthnt12!net.filebot.FileBot

Unfortunately, this will start the app and it cannot be used for CLI scripting.

So my question how can I run Win10 version of this application in CLI? As it is this version is no longer usable and I have deleted my older version which was actually working.

I haven't included any screenshots because what would be the point, no matter what I do I'm always getting: Access is denied.

There's one more thing. I have a full admin access to my Win10 instance, I have eve tried to run FileBot from CMD/Powershell elevated with administrator privileges.
Last edited by gajotres on 25 Jun 2017, 14:22, edited 1 time in total.
gajotres

Re: Filebot CLI - Access is denied.

Post by gajotres »

I found a solution.

My old FileBot version was still here when I installed a new one. I had to remove bother installations and do a new one.

I will leave this post here if someone else gets stuck on this problem.
rednoah
The Source

Re: [Fixed ]Filebot CLI - Access is denied.

Post by rednoah »

The Windows Store will link executables into this folder:

Code: Select all

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps
This folder should be in the %PATH% by default, so "filebot" will just work after the install.

:!: There seem to be a few rogue NSIS installers that screw up the PATH though, so you may need to manually re-add that one if it's missing.

:idea: The "WindowsApps" folder is quite different from your traditional "Program Files" folder. The files inside shouldn't be accessed directly, and executables won't work unless invoked via the Universal Windows Platform (e.g. by you clicking the FileBot tile or typing the filebot command).
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.