Windows 10 Filebot - "Send To" menu?

Support for Windows users
DaVoodoo

Windows 10 Filebot - "Send To" menu?

Post by DaVoodoo »

Just installed the new Windows 10 Filebot app. How do I add a shortcut to the File Explorer "Send To" menu? :( My previous install added the shortcut automatically.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Windows 10 Filebot - "Send To" menu?

Post by rednoah »

Windows Store applications currently can't hook themselves into certain legacy Windows features, such as the Send To menu.

There should be a (Extended) Context Menu for some FileBot actions though. I can add more if you have a good use case.

You can also make your own "Send To" menu by creating a shortcut to the filebot command in your SendTo folder.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
DaVoodoo

Post by DaVoodoo »

I don't see an extended context menu? Should I try to re-install?

Also, can you please give me some instructions on adding the filebot command to the SendTo folder?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Are you holding the SHIFT key while right-clicking on a video file to open the extended context menu?

:idea: Unfortunately, the Windows Store doesn't allow apps to add context menu items to folder items at this point. Only video file context menus are supported.

You can make a New Shortcut and just write "filebot" as executable. Then you can drop files on that shortcut and it'll call filebot and pass in those files as arguments. Same applies if you copy that shortcut into your Send To folder.

@see https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows ... d-to-menu/

What exactly are you trying to do? How come you prefer the Send To action over just drag-n-dropping files into FileBot? If it's an automation issue, then Presets might be able to save you a lot of time compared to manually loading files one way or another.
DaVoodoo

Post by DaVoodoo »

1. Holding shift and right clicking on a video file does not open an extended context menu for me. Only the normal menu opens where I can not see anything related to Filebot.

2. This works. I just see that a command window is opened in the background.

3. I found it easier to right click on file and to let it open in Filebot, than to drag and drop. To me it felt like fewer steps. :D

I sure do hope that you have some thoughts on why my extended context menu does not show. It sure does sound like what I would want. ;)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Looks like Windows Store apps can't add context menu extensions to certain "reserved" file types:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... heme-names
DaVoodoo

Post by DaVoodoo »

Thanks, number 2 it is then.

Thanks for the quick support.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Since you're gonna be using the Rename feature, I suggest adding --mode Rename to the command to hide the panel selection list.