Renaming a conglomeration of episodes into their original names?

Support for Windows users
kelemvor

Renaming a conglomeration of episodes into their original names?

Post by kelemvor »

Howdy,

Someone at the Plex forums said that FIlebot might be able to help with a project I have. I recently ripped my DVDs from the Looney Tunes Golden Collection and have them names as they were on those DVDs. I didn't realize these are basically a Mix Tape of episodes that have their own seasons and episodes in TheTvDb so nothing is matching. I'm hoping Filebot can help me with the renamed.

The files I have are in the format of:
Looney Tunes Golden Collection\Volume 1\Disc 1 - Best of Bugs Bunny\01 - Baseball Bugs.avi

There are 6 volumes and each volume has 4 discs and each disc has multiple episodes. They are currently names as they were on these discs.

However, TheTvDb has these already in their original airdate so the one above is really:
Looney Tunes\Season 1946\Episode 2 Baseball Bugs

When I drop my whole Looney Tunes folder into Filebot and Fetch from TheTvDb it has all kinds of conflicts because each episode has a number in front. (At least I think that's what's causing the main problems).

Anyone have a suggestion on how I can fix this and get them renamed so Plex knows what they are? I thought if I could possible just have FB ignore the first 5 characters (the number) and just use the Name, maybe that would work? But that's just a guess.

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
kelemvor

Re: Renaming a conglomeration of episodes into their original names?

Post by kelemvor »

OK, Actually, after I clicked through all the warnigns and error it did come up and was able to match most of the episodes. I just had to tell it they were all from Looney Tunes and I got further.

However, it did find a few that it matched up wrong. Now I need to figure out how to manually change what it thinks it is...
kelemvor

Post by kelemvor »

OK, so here's where I am. F is now matching most of the episodes but there are 10 or so that are not. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ccwd07f0wdurz ... h.jpg?dl=0.

How can I take the specific episodes that are not matching properly and manually tell FB which series/episode it should be?

E.g. 06 - Pizzicato Pussy Cat is really S1955E01

Thanks.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Have you had a look at the second Getting Started video tutorial yet?

Please post the first 10 file names as text so I can create a few examples files and see what solution works best.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.