Resilio Sync and Filebot

Support for Windows users
Yapsonark

Resilio Sync and Filebot

Post by Yapsonark »

Hey there! So the issue I'm having is my internet isn't fast enough to download everything with Resilio Sync overnight. Anything in the folder for eg... an empty folder for a movie/tv show that Resilio hasn't finished downloading yet... filebot detects it and deletes that empty folder

For some stupid reason resilio thinks since that empty folder was deleted, it should delete the same folder containing the movie on the seedbox

is there a way to tell filebot to only delete extra files/folders that have completed? not an empty folder? Like only see a folder with a video file in it or something?

Thanks for your time!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Resilio Sync and Filebot

Post by rednoah »

FileBot doesn't have a file watch feature, and by default FileBot also doesn't delete files or folders, so I'm a bit confused here. Are you using the GUI? Or the CLI? How do you decide when to call the CLI?

On Linux, you'd just call rsync, and then when rsync is done you'd call filebot.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Yapsonark

Post by Yapsonark »

I'm using windows

Item's are downloaded with rsync and I have a windows task run Filebot in CLI which is set to clean up.

That feature you said that Linux has to call on filebot after resilio finishes, is there a way to set that up on windows?

I know nothing about scripting btw

Thanks for your fast reply!!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

A script would usually look like that:

Code: Select all

rsync ...
filebot ...
And then you'd make scheduler call that script with the two commands every day at midnight. This works because rsync is a command, and when that command finishes then everything is synced, and then the next command is executed, which is filebot. That has nothing to do with Resilio Sync though.

If Resilio Sync doesn't give you any hooks to call filebot when it's done syncing, then you're out of luck. FileBot has no way of knowing what files are partially synced. If you're using the --def clean=y option of the amc script to delete folders after processing, then you can at least disable that. You might still end up processing half-synced files though.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.