Problems installing and executing FileBot from Windows Store

Support for Windows users
danimal0119

Problems installing and executing FileBot from Windows Store

Post by danimal0119 »

Receiving this error message when trying to execute the Start Menu icon (even after Windows 10 restart).
Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

https://snag.gy/kRmDX4.jpg

Sorry if I don't include any scripts of sysinfo... no idea what a Groovy Pad is to run it. Just let me know what you need to help get this app up and working. My system is Windows 10 64bit.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Problems installing and executing FileBot from Windows Store

Post by rednoah »

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall FileBot?

Most likely, some tool on your computer is interfering with Windows, like some sort of overzealous anti-virus tool.

Resetting Windows will resolve all these kinda issues, but usually isn’t an option for most users.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
danimal0119

Post by danimal0119 »

Tried uninstalling, restarting, then reinstalling from the Store. Tried executing as Administrator. Tried temporarily disabling AVG security and same error message.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Do you have a second PC you can factory reset? Then you could try it with a pristine Windows installation and see that it works. Then install the tools you usually install until it doesn't work anymore. That way you can find out which 3rd party tools is the culprit here. Unfortunately, I don't have any other ideas on how to narrow down what the problem is and how to fix it.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.