Rename dropping words in title

Support for Windows users
tng5737

Rename dropping words in title

Post by tng5737 »

I have noticed that Filebot will occasionally drop certain words from the title during rename.
Ex. 'Zero.Dark.Thirty.2012' becomes 'Dark Thirty 2012' and 'Wind.River.2017' becomes 'River 2017'
The format I am using is '{n} ({y})'
rednoah
The Source

Re: Rename dropping words in title

Post by rednoah »

Logs or screenshots please.

{n} is the movie name and that piece of data comes directly from the database. FileBot doesn't drop words. But if there's a movie called "Wind River" and another one called "River" in the same year then there could be a mismatch (i.e. FileBot incorrectly identifying the movie).

:idea: You can use {id} in your format so you can see which exact movie FileBot did match.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
tng5737

Post by tng5737 »

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Double-Click "River" to open the format editor with that movie and then add {id} to your format so you can see the movie id. Then check TheMovieDB for that id.
tng5737

Post by tng5737 »

I have found that instead of clicking in the right panel and pressing F2 if I select the AutoDetect the names are properly named. At some point I may add the {id} as you suggested to try to determine why some words were being dropped.
thx
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you use Fetch & Match Data then you're matching files against online databases and that's how it's supposed to work.

Do not use Generic File Mode (F2) unless you know exactly what you're doing. If you use Generic File Mode, and have problems with that, then please clearly indicate that in the original post next time. Otherwise I'll assume you're using the main features, and not the hidden features.

:idea: Note that bindings such as {n} {y} etc don't work in Generic File mode. For example, in movie mode, {n} is the movie name, in episode mode, {n} is the series name, in file mode, {n} is just the filename.