Rename button suddenly stopped working

Support for Windows users
eletroguy

Rename button suddenly stopped working

Post by eletroguy »

My issue is exactly what the title says. When i click rename, nothing happens. No errors to take screenshots of or anything. This just started yesterday. I have renamed over 3000 files with this exact same install and nothing has changed. When i google most results say this is a java mismatch, but i also saw that when you install via windows store it installs java for you. I tried reinstalling both filebot and 64 bit java, rename button still does nothing. I'd post screenshots, but theres nothing to take screenshots of.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Rename button suddenly stopped working

Post by rednoah »

Please run filebot -script fn:sysinfo in CMD and post the output. Running filebot from CMD might also reveal some errors in the console log.

PS: The Windows Store version is indeed completely self-contained and doesn't use or care if you have Java installed on your system.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
eletroguy

Post by eletroguy »

I tried running that command, and I get "'Filebot' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file." Sorry if i'm missing something easy.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

This is very strange indeed. Some broken installer for some software you're using (maybe nodejs) might have screwed up the %PATH%.

Make sure that this path is in the %PATH%:

Code: Select all

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps
This thread might help: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4894
eletroguy

Post by eletroguy »

Adding it to the %PATH% did allow the command to run. I put the output in to this pastebin as per the FAQS. https://pastebin.com/H1GuKe1W
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That looks good. You can start the FileBot GUI with console by running filebot in CMD:

filebot
Is there anything interesting in the console output?

Have you tried to rename files on your Desktop? Just to make sure it's not the network share or external drive that you may be using is the cause of the issue here?
eletroguy

Post by eletroguy »

Sorry for the delay, busy easter weekend. So, if i run it from CMD it works as normal. If i don't run it from CMD, it still doesnt work.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That is very strange indeed. Please run filebot -script fn:sysinfo in CMD and post the output.

Have you tried to rename files on your Desktop? Just to make sure it's not the network share or external drive that you may be using is the cause of the issue here?
eletroguy

Post by eletroguy »

1.https://pastebin.com/DZnHMUKq

2. I just tried this now, and it still does not work even when renaming to desktop.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

There's probably something oddly screwed up with your Windows install. As a workaround, you can set FileBot to use Java APIs instead of Windows APIs.

Run in CMD:

setx JAVA_OPTS -DuseNativeShell=false