Moving files when downloaded with qbittorrent

Support for Windows users
stigmatised

Moving files when downloaded with qbittorrent

Post by stigmatised »

Hey guys,

I am having some issues with setting up qbittorrent and filebot working together. Previously used therenamer but it kinda became janky and heard good things about filebot and have used it as a backup for years.

Anyhow my media is setup in one drive, E: which stores the Movies and Shows in Unsorted folders (Unsorted Films and Unsorted TV Shows respectively). All I want is for qbittorrent to run when the download is finished and filebot to move the folder over the proper directory (Films and TV Shows) with proper renaming. Ideally also subtitle support but thats not really a big deal as I can do that easily through Kodi anyhow.

Here is the code I am currently using:

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --log-file amc.log --def excludeList="amc.txt" --output "E:" --action move -non-strict --conflict override "E:/Unsorted TV Shows" --def excludeList=amc.txt  "animeFormat=E:/TV Shows/{n}/{'Season '+s}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}" "seriesFormat=E:/TV Shows{n}/{'Season '+s}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}" "movieFormat=E:/Films/{ny}/{n.colon(' - ')} ({y}) {' CD'+pi}{subt}"
I know this is far from perfect as I am currently only selecting tv shows. It kinda worked when it was 'action copy' but I really don't want to copy every file especially when the files can be large, so I'd much rather it cut and paste etc.

Since I changed it to move it doesn't seem to want to co-operate and now says 'No files selected for processing' except that there are files there. This doesn't even account for that I also want it to watch the Unsorted Films directory.

I apologize for being long winded, I have browsed through a bunch of old posts and it hasn't really cleared the way. Hopefully you guys can help. I am using the app on the Windows 10 store.

I have it setup with qbittorrent to run when finished using the above code, and have also tried testing it manually in cmd. I have also read this thread.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Moving files when downloaded with qbittorrent

Post by rednoah »

Here's a working example:

filebot -script fn:amc --output "E:/Media" --action duplicate --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file "E:/Media/amc.log" --def excludeList=amc.excludes unsorted=y music=y artwork=y "ut_dir=%F" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L"
@see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215#p9774

1. Use the examples provided and make sure everything works
2. Make your own modifications in small baby steps so you know where / how you broke things if you break things ;)

:idea: Note that the Run Program feature in qBT is reported to be broken in some recent versions of qBT.

:idea: No files selected for processing means that you're not passing in any input files. If filebot is called by qBT, then %F is replaced with the path to the downloaded file or folder by qBT, and then the command is called as such. If you call filebot manually, you need to pass in the files on command-line. Please read the Troubleshooting section for details.

:idea: Make sure that qBT input folder and FileBot output folder is on the same drive, so that FileBot can create hardlinks, so that you can have the same file multiple times without taking up extra disk space. You can't move files because qBT will be accessing the files for seeding.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
stigmatised

Post by stigmatised »

Okay so after playing around a lot more this is what I currently have setup.

filebot -script fn:amc --output "E:" --action move --conflict skip -non-strict -r "E:/Unsorted Media" --log-file "E:/amc.log" --def excludeList=amc.excludes "seriesFormat=E:/TV Shows/{n}/{'Season ' +s}/{n} {s00e00} {t}" "movieFormat=E:/Films/{ny}/{n.colon(' - ')} ({y}) {' CD'+pi}{subt}" unsorted=y music=y artwork=y --def clean=y "ut_dir=%F" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L" 
It seems to work through the command line no problem but like you said the torrent has to be deleted so that the system isn't trying to use the file otherwise it doesn't work. How would I modify this like you mentioned to create a hard link to not take up any more space whilst enabling it to continue seeding? In addition, would deleting the original file in Unsorted Media (I went this one folder route as it seems to simplify everything) delete the hard copied link?

I think it would be duplicate instead of move but am not sure if it is taking up extra space. Stupid question I know.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can use --action hardlink to make sure that it's creating hardlinks (or fail) and not copying the physical data.

This means that you'll have the same file twice. You can delete either one without affecting the other, but the disk space will only be freed once you delete both.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.