FileBot Launcher error - CLiP license device ID

Support for Windows users
piehammer

FileBot Launcher error - CLiP license device ID

Post by piehammer »

Trying to launch Filebot this evening and got this error;

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_4.7.21.0_x64_49ex9gnthnt12\filebot.exe

Code: Select all

CLiP license device ID does not match the device ID in the bound device license.
Any ideas? Same PC configuration as always, except that my NAS died so there is a mapped network drive that is no longer there.

Cheers!
rednoah
The Source

Re: FileBot Launcher error - CLiP license device ID

Post by rednoah »

I've never seen this error message reported before here. It's a strange one. Maybe you could open the Windows Store and sign out, and then sign in again? That is know to be a solution to at least some licensing problems.

I found somebody else in the Windows forums report the same problem though:
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forum ... =wpdevelop
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
morte

Post by morte »

Did you ever get any help with this?? I'm getting the exact same error and I haven't changed any hardware or used it anywhere else, so I'm completely confused and frustrated.

Thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Maybe you could open the Windows Store and sign out, and then sign in again? Have you tried that yet?

You can get the universal license edition instead of the Windows Store edition nowadays. That’ll be a easy workaround. See other threads on how to request a complimentary license.

EDIT:

:arrow: I can't really help you with Windows Store issues. You'll have to contact Microsoft Support for that. Signing out of the Microsoft Store might do the trick.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.