Renaming part can't find show while Episodes part finds it

Support for Windows users
appiekap653

Renaming part can't find show while Episodes part finds it

Post by appiekap653 »

I tried to rename some files for the show Odd Squad.
It did not find the show on Thetvdb so I checked the website self and it did exsist.
I tried to search for the show in the episodes part of Filebot and there it found the show without any problem.

Here some screenshots:

First attempt to rename the files:

When you click on Skip it displays a larger list where Odd Squad is not present.
When you click on Skip for the second time Odd Squad still is not present in the list.
After the third time Skip it shows a dialog asking to type the series name and when you type in Odd Squad and click ok the dialog closes and you return to this screen with no result:

When you go to the Episodes section of Filebot and search for Odd Squad it gives you a dialog where it is the first found option:

When you click on a episode in the list and click send to -> Rename the file is correctly identified and renamed:

rednoah
The Source

Re: Renaming part can't find show while Episodes part finds it

Post by rednoah »

There's something odd (pun intended) about this one. You can just SHIFT-CLICK the TheTVDB button and then type "odd squad" to force manual input / selection if something is off with fully-automatic matching.

See FAQ #2 for details.

EDIT:

I've tested with "Odd Squad - S01E01.mkv" and auto-matching works for me. I just had to select "Skip" twice when prompted and then it got the right matches without me having to select anything.

EDIT 2:

Debugging reveals that FileBot strips DTS / DD / ATMOS patterns to see if things make more sense that way. Somehow that even applies to "Odd" leaving just "O" and that query actually somehow matches quite a few shows. Bad luck. Will be fixed with the next next release, because the next release has already been submitted to the Store.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
appiekap653

Re: Renaming part can't find show while Episodes part finds it

Post by appiekap653 »

I`m glad to been helpful to make the software better :D