FileBot for Windows 7 and Windows Server

Support for Windows users
dferrier

FileBot for Windows 7 and Windows Server

Post by dferrier »

Ok Rednoah, I am running windows 8 and I think I have contributed in the past but not positive. Be that as it may...

Anyway, I am running 4.7.9. Is the latest version worth the cost to upgrade? I can't get this off the windows store since I am not running windows 10 and will never run windows 10 if I can help it.

What say you sir?
rednoah
The Source

Re: FileBot for Windows 7 and Windows Server

Post by rednoah »

If you have previously donated (please include confirmation) or supported the project in some way (especially in the early days) then you can negotiate and make me an offer. Otherwise, the price is fixed at 50 EUR.

I say you should use Windows 10, to make life easy for the both of us. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
wolfer201

Post by wolfer201 »

Boy I'm sad to hear this. I love filebot and in the past I've really appreciated your prompt willingness to help me in the forums when I've had problems. So much so I was ready to spend the $20 without batting an eye. But either spend $60 or rebuilt my setup on a desktop OS is a tough pill to swallow.

Admittedly I've never donated, and outside of using your software over the past 4+ year the only contributions I've brought is raving about the product to friends and assisting them with their setup. So I really doubt I have any leg to stand asking to negotiate.

I am curious (and very ignorant), the windows store is available on windows server 2012 r2 with the desktop experience feature enabled. What is the reason why filebot cant be published there for purchase?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

wolfer201 wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 23:29 I am curious (and very ignorant), the windows store is available on windows server 2012 r2 with the desktop experience feature enabled. What is the reason why filebot cant be published there for purchase?
I would expect that it's available there. But maybe there's technical reasons why Microsoft can't support Desktop apps on the Store on Server 2012. It's only supported on Windows 10 since Anniversary Update / Creators Update.

You could try to ask Microsoft Support. They might have answers for you.
wolfer201

Post by wolfer201 »

Did you use desktop bridge to publish to the Microsoft store? After a quick skim of Microsoft docs, that would explain why windows 10 is the only supported windows OS. Just wondering to satisfy my curiosity.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Pretty much. Only 64-bit Windows 10 is supported, but not ARM based devices.