Migrate Filebot settings - Windows Store App

Support for Windows users
vergs

Migrate Filebot settings - Windows Store App

Post by vergs »

How may I migrate my settings from my old Windows 10 PC to my new Windows 10 PC? I still have access to the old PC.

I tried copying the folder "Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\PointPlanck.FileBot_randomstring

...but that didn't seem to work
rednoah
The Source

Re: Migrate Filebot settings - Windows Store App

Post by rednoah »

You can backup / import / export settings using filebot -script fn:preferences commands:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4205

:idea: This does not include the history file. The history can be imported / exported with the import / export buttons in the History dialog.

Due to Windows Store app sandboxing, the FileBot app data folder is implicitly redirected to this folder:

Code: Select all

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Packages\PointPlanck.FileBot_*\LocalCache\Roaming\FileBot
Copying the files here should work, but there might be some Windows Store sandboxing magic, that makes things not work as expected.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
vergs

Post by vergs »

Thanks @rednoah

The export/import worked though whilst preforming the import I did get WARNINGS, see below;

Code: Select all

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedConstructor$1 (file:/C:/Program%20Files/WindowsApps/PointPlanck.FileBot_4.8.1.0_x64__49ex9gnthnt12/lib/groovy-all.jar) to constructor java.util.prefs.Preferences()
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedConstructor$1
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Those warnings can be ignored. Java 10 and Groovy just aren't best friends yet.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.