Deleted my presets.

Support for Windows users
MartinL

Deleted my presets.

Post by MartinL »

Little over a month ago i bought FileBot, i used some time to figure out how to setup the string, and found some that suited my needs.

Well today i started the program up, and i noticed first the window had moved from the usual position, and i got the window with the screenshot thingy in it, and when i then wanted to ude the string to rename the series, well they were not there. and i have NOT installed anything new, and i have NOT downloaded a new version of the program either, so why did your program then deside that it was time for me to start from scratch again, this is frustrating, because i did not take any backup of the string, i normaly first take backup of everything when i want to get a fresh copy of windows and stat over.

Really is f..ing annoying say the least.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Deleted my presets.

Post by rednoah »

If FileBot starts up with no settings, then that's probably because the settings just weren't there. The most likely culprit is Windows itself, or some other tool that deleted the FileBot app data at some point. FileBot itself wouldn't do that, especially not when it's not running.

FileBot application data is stored here:

Code: Select all

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Packages\PointPlanck.FileBot_*\LocalCache\Roaming\FileBot
If this folder is deleted, then FileBot will loose all state.

:?: Did your rename history disappear as well, or just your custom format?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
MartinL

Post by MartinL »

Hey, i did find the folder
C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Packages\PointPlanck.FileBot_49ex9gnthnt12\LocalCache\Roaming\FileBot

It contains, Cache, tmp and 3 files, error.log, history.xml and preferences.backup.xml
But the history.xml were empty (I presume, since it only shows the files i just renamed), which would make sence then if lets say windows had cleaned up, and when i then started the program again every thing/files/folder in the path was then created from fresh again.

I have recreated the preset again, was a bit faster this time, since some of it was still sorta fresh in the memory, and i have MADE A BACKUP in a .txt file this time :D

Well real men do not take backup, real men cry a lot :/

Thx a again, and sorry i just get upset when things like this happen.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Real nice men also share their formats here in the forums though, with the happy side effects that it serves as a backup for yourself too. ;)

Your formats is actually stored in the reg files as well as in the backup xml file, in case of programs errors, but if the whole folder is suddenly gone, the you're unfortunately out of luck because they backup will be gone too. :(
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.