How can I reinstall FileBot after doing a factory-reset?

Support for Windows users
defendi

How can I reinstall FileBot after doing a factory-reset?

Post by defendi »

I've purchased the product on my main PC through the Windows 10 store. Two questions.

1) it doesn't know I've purchased it on my plex server. Do I have to purchase it on every machine I want to use it? How does licensing work? This all for my use, I just have two machines sitting in front of me.

2) Last night I reset windows 10. While I selected for it to keep all the programs I've purchased in the windows 10 store, your program didn't seem to work with that feature. Now it's forcing me to buy it again. How do we get around that? I love the program, but I'm really not willing to purchase it twice at $20.
rednoah
The Source

Re: I Purchased the Product, Two Questions...

Post by rednoah »

No, the Microsoft Store remembers your purchases. As long as you log in with the same Microsoft Account, you'll be able to install all the software you have bought on all your Windows 10 devices. Pretty much works exactly like the Apple / Google Store on your phone.

Is there an error message? Can you make a screenshot and post it? The Microsoft Store will not let you purchase the same software twice, even if you try, it's not possible. Make sure that you're logged in with the same Microsoft Account, so that the Store knows your purchase history, so it can correctly display the Purchase / Install button for your account.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
defendi

Re: How can I reinstall FileBot after doing a factory-reset?

Post by defendi »

That was the problem, my login doesn't carry over from windows to the store. It had stuff in my library, so I thought it had, but that's only the free stuff.

Thanks!