Empty folder delete

Support for Windows users
spazhead

Empty folder delete

Post by spazhead »

Hi all! New to filebot and first post and first issue I can not find a solution for myself on this forum.

When I rename and move TV shows, old empty folder gets deleted all the time :D

but when I rename and move Movies, old empty folders never get deleted and yes the folder is empty :(

Wondering if there is a setting I have to enable for movies to delete empty folders after rename and move

running
filebot 4.7.9
windows 10

Thanks for any help!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Empty folder delete

Post by rednoah »

The same "delete left behind empty folders" is executed irregardless of what files your processing. There's probably something different. Maybe hidden files. Maybe different file structure / file paths. Maybe some files in use by some program (and thus can't be deleted at the time) while others are not. Maybe permissions. Maybe something else.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
krial

Re: Empty folder delete

Post by krial »

Same here... thought it was totally empty after, have to go delete folders manually. Nothing inside, no hidden files or anything.

Renames my shows fine from
"Plex/TV Shows/Great Show/Season 3/great.show.3x01.82jklsdnv8hj4.mkv"
to
"Plex/TV Shows/Great Show/Season 03/Great Show - S03E01 - Spectacular Title.mkv"

...but leaves behind an empty /Season 3/ folder when it moved everything inside to /Season 03/

Turns out random thumbs.db file is a system file, not just hidden, so it doesn't show up by viewing hidden files alone, you may also have to show system files specifically.