Utorrent Call not working.

Support for Windows users
Benj851

Utorrent Call not working.

Post by Benj851 »

I'm sure there are hundreds of similar threads, and would love a few sent my way since I'm struggling here. Just got Filebot and Love it. I love the cmdline call I can pass in. But the call to AMC through utorrent fails to work everytime. Tried a few different versions, then wasn't sure what was wrong. Can you please assist with why this isn't working in Utorrent??

Code: Select all

[2018-12-21 20:10:09]  Executing: filebot -script fn:amc --output "D:\DL" --action copy --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def unsorted=y music=y artwork=y "ut_label=" "ut_state=5" "ut_title=Doctor.Who.2005.S11E09.It.Takes.You.Away.1080p.HEVC.x265-MeGusta" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=" "ut_dir=D:\DL\Doctor.Who.2005.S11E09.It.Takes.You.Away.1080p.HEVC.x265-MeGusta"

[2018-12-21 20:51:45]  Executing: filebot -script fn:amc --output "D:/DL" --action move --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def unsorted=y music=y artwork=y  --def subtitles=en --conflict auto --def clean=y "ut_label=" "ut_state=5" "ut_title=Murphy.Brown.S11E13.720p.HEVC.x265-MeGusta" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=" "ut_dir=D:\DL\Murphy.Brown.S11E13.720p.HEVC.x265-MeGusta"
rednoah
The Source

Re: Utorrent Call not working.

Post by rednoah »

What does the console output say if you run this command yourself in CMD?

What does the amc.log say?

If you can't find the log in the %USERPROFILE% folder then you can make it easy to find like so:

--log-file D:/amc.log
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
EnzoFX

Post by EnzoFX »

I had an issue with my old utorrent version (still on 2.5ish?) where it wouldn't run either. Anyways I believe all these tutorials state to run "filebot etc etc" as in utorrent just knew where the program is and ran it, well my old version didn't.

Where as I remember having to run "c:/program files/app.exe" and then the options....
So I added the parentheses and the absolute path and extension and it works just fine.

I can post the exact command once I get home but I believe you guys get the gist of what I'm saying heh.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes, trying filebot in cmd is worth a check, to make sure it's in the %PATH%. Then you can du cmd /c filebot ... to make sure the command is executed via cmd, since different version of uT may or may not respect the %PATH% when running tools.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.