Copy non video files (poster.jpg) while renaming video files

Support for Windows users
netflix2060

Copy non video files (poster.jpg) while renaming video files

Post by netflix2060 »

I am currently using Filebot to rename my Anime files for Plex using this code.

Code: Select all

Anime/{primaryTitle} /{'Season '+s.pad(2)}/{primaryTitle} - {s00e00} - {t.replaceAll(/[!?.]+$/).replaceAll(/[`´‘’ʻ]/, /'/).replacePart(', Part $1')} ({megabytes}MB)({minutes}Min)({vf})({airdate.format("MM-dd-yyyy")})  {languages.ISO3.first().upperInitial()} {languages.ISO3.second().upperInitial()}

When this renaming occurs it creates this location below with the filename.
K:\Anime\A Good Librarian Like a Good Shepherd\Season 01\A Good Librarian Like a Good Shepherd - S01E11 - Decision (142MB)(23Min)(720p)(12-18-2014) Eng

Under the pre-named folder there are a few non video files I would like to move into the new location like my "poster.jpg" files I use for plex. I would assume I would use the move command to do this. Is there a script I could use to do this? Thanks

Example:
K:\A Good Librarian Like a Good Shepherd\poster.jpg

move during the video file renaming process..

K:\Anime\A Good Librarian Like a Good Shepherd\Season 01\poster.jpg
rednoah
The Source

Re: Copy non video files (poster.jpg) while renaming video files

Post by rednoah »

Unfortunately, this particular use case is not supported. The easiest ways it to just let Plex do its thing and download all the artwork, posters, etc that it may need.

It would be feasible to write a script to checks the FileBot history and then tries to import previously left behind files accordingly, but no such script exists as far as I know.

Note that Plex does not support AniDB, so using AniDB specifically for Plex won't work, except when it does so accidentally, which FileBot often makes happen, but cannot be relied upon.

The correct way of dealing with AniDB named files is to cross-reference and translate them to TheTVDB names and numbers:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2769
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
netflix2060

Post by netflix2060 »

Thank you for your reply.
"Note that Plex does not support AniDB" Is my format incorrect for thetvdb database in FileBot?

Code: Select all

K:\Anime\A Good Librarian Like a Good Shepherd\Season 01\A Good Librarian Like a Good Shepherd - S01E11 - Decision (142MB)(23Min)(720p)(12-18-2014) Eng
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

It's not necessarily incorrect, it's just that Plex uses TheTVDB, so they only database guaranteed to match what Plex expects, is TheTVDB.

You're probably fine with One Piece and Naruto, because TheTVDB and AniDB are basically 1:1 the same for those shows (same series name, same absolute numbers, etc). But with Anime like the Crest of the Stars & Banner of the Stars saga, which is organized completely differently in TheTVDB and AniDB, Plex will probably get very confused.

Best results for Plex: (1) Select TheTVDB. (2) Use {plex} as format. (adding a bit of extra information at the end of the filename should be fine though)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.