Kernel32.GetCurrentPackageFullName (15700)

Support for Windows users
burrissj15

Kernel32.GetCurrentPackageFullName (15700)

Post by burrissj15 »

I recently went and purchased the version through the Windows Store, Probably my first problem. Upon installation and launch, I run into an issue. I have an issue when attempting to rename files, I get the error "Kernel32.GetCurrentPackageFullName (15700)". I went ahead and found the post (linked below) similar to the issue that I am having and followed all of their steps and it is still not working correctly. I did take it a step farther and try to re-register the app with Powershell using:

Add-AppxPackage -Register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_4.8.4.0_x64__49ex9gnthnt12\AppxManifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode

The next step would be to do a reinstall of Windows which I am not ready to do at this point...

viewtopic.php?t=6267

Any Thoughts?

rednoah
The Source

Re: Kernel32.GetCurrentPackageFullName (15700)

Post by rednoah »

You can't side load the appx bundle. It must be installed via the Store and must be launched via the Start Menu tile.

Directly accessing any of the files inside the WindowsApps folder, such as the exe files, doesn't work and likely breaks things in unexpected ways.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
burrissj15

Post by burrissj15 »

I try and launch it via the start menu and still end up with the same result, sideloading it was a last ditch effort to get it to work at all... Is there a way to pull logs because I'm out of ideas?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Have you tried any of the FileBot Tile -> More -> App settings -> Repair / Reset options yet?

What does the sysinfo script say?

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:sysinfo

Code: Select all

where filebot

Error code 15700: APPMODEL_ERROR_NO_PACKAGE means that the process does not have a UWP / Windows Store context, which shouldn't be possible if launched correctly via the standard tiles and menu entries:
http://errorco.de/win32/winerror-h/appm ... age/15700/
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.