Duplicate scrip issue

Support for Windows users
david

Duplicate scrip issue

Post by david »

Hi All,
I am wanting to run this script over my plex Library as plex is showing that I have over 700 duplicate tv eps.

Script: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5#p23171

when I run it I get the following output from CLI

Code: Select all

C:\Windows\system32>filebot -script fn:duplicates F:/Media/TVShows
Done ?(?????)?
Im guessing its having an error or i've done something wrong?

Thanks for any help
David
rednoah
The Source

Re: Duplicate scrip issue

Post by rednoah »

rednoah wrote: 14 Sep 2016, 05:33 This script will not parse or guess any information from the filename. Files that do not contain xattr metadata will be ignored.
Do your files contain xattr metadata? The duplicate script identifies duplicates based on Movie ID / Episode ID stored in xattr metadata when FileBot last processed the files. NTFS typically supports xattr metadata, but remote filesystems may not necessary have support for xattr enabled.

:idea: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=324
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
david

Post by david »

Thanks for the reply
So my setup is like this
Win10 computer that’s running plex
This has a drobo connected via iscsi that’s mapped as drive F
The format of the drives are exfat as I have 50TB of drives and I’m using about 35TB atm.
I did run all the tv shows through filebot when I first set it up, I am happy to run them all through again if that will then create the file I need so it can check for duplicates?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

ExFAT does not support Extended Attributes:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... comparison

Sorry, but you're out of luck there. FileBot wasn't able to write xattr metadata the first time around, and so now the duplicates script doesn't have any Movie / Episode IDs by which it could find logical duplicates. If you really want xattr metadata, then you need to either use NTFS, or configure FileBot to store metadata into plain files instead of NTFS Alternative Streams. Either way, you'll have to process all files again.

:idea: Using ExFAT for data storage for Windows-only is generally a bad idea (unless it's just a small USB drive that primarily needs to work on both Windows and macOS where data loss isn't a concern). NTFS is much better in every way, except ExFAT is much more simple, making it better for read+write interoperability with non-Windows platforms.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.