How to deal with Disney Animated Shorts?

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
neuman1812

How to deal with Disney Animated Shorts?

Post by neuman1812 »

New user, first time use. Im trying to rename my entire series of "Disney animated Shorts" A few of the episodes are mis-matched. How can I adjust those few? The root folder /media/Personal/Kids Shows/Disney Animated Shorts

My GUI is running on a Ubuntu 18.04, but the files are hosted on a WDmycloud Nas Drive mapped via fstab over nfs.

rednoah
The Source

Re: How do I fix individual mismatched episodes?

Post by rednoah »

Please see FAQ #2 and FAQ #3 for details:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7

:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
neuman1812

Post by neuman1812 »

So I just tried to manually allign the episodes, I dont think it going to work in my case. its trying to rename over 300 episodes over 40+ years. There are so many that are out of alignment or outright missing.

For example: In the image the episode "Sagari, So good" Is Season 1941 Epidsode 7 but I can't seem to change it in anyway. I've used the up/down arrows but the name is not changing. Nor does it match any name on the "original file" side.

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Unfortunately, there is no way to selectively change an individual Episode match. There's usually a smart way of going about it to make it work without meticulously doing things one by one though.

My recommended approach is as follows:

Process files as usual in fully automatic mode, and just press DELETE on bad matches when scrolling through the list to remove them.

Hit Rename to process all the files that work out of the box to get them out of the way, so you can focus on what remains in the following steps.

:idea: You'll want to use an absolute format to move files out of the way into a different folder structure:

Code: Select all

/absolute/path/to/Media/{plex}

Open a second FileBot instance and open the Episodes panel. Fetch the episode list for your TV show, so you have your remaining files in in a FileBot / Rename window on the left of your screen, and a FileBot / Episodes window on the right of your screens with a complete episode list. Now you can copy & paste Episode items from the right to the left as necessary.

:idea: This is generally referred to as manual matching, since you manually select Episode items and manually align them with files.

:arrow: Please do watch the video tutorials on inspiration on how to best use FileBot for tricky tasks: https://youtu.be/btNSv7AnMMw

EDIT:

Can you provide file path information as text so I can run a few tests? The things shown in the screenshot work out of the box for me:

filebot -rename *.mp4 --q "Disney Animated Shorts" --db TheTVDB -non-strict
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB] with [Airdate Order]
Fetching episode data for [Disney Animated Shorts]
[MOVE] from [Donald & Goofy - Billposters.mp4] to [Disney Animated Shorts - 1940x04 - Billposters.mp4]
Processed 1 files
neuman1812

Re: How to deal with Disney Animated Shorts?

Post by neuman1812 »

Can you provide file path information as text so I can run a few tests? The things shown in the screenshot work out of the box for me:
I think this is what you are looking for the path of my media?

/media/Personal/Kids Shows/Disney Animated Shorts
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

In the GUI:
I think there is a query block on "Shorts" in the "Disney Animated Shorts" ?
the GUI will NOT do a search change it to "Disney Animated Short" it will

btw: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6327#p36579

GUI: if you press shift key and search (force a custom search) then it works
neuman1812

Post by neuman1812 »

So, I tried a trick a random redditor used and it worked for me. All my files were named

Donald Duck - Name of episode.mkv

or

Mickey Mouse - Name of Episode.mkv

..etc. Basically it was broken up into the main characters.

I removed that first part using a bulk renamer and fed just the episode titles into filebot. it managed to get all of them but 2.

So...Thank you! FYI, I bought a license.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

kim wrote: 12 Sep 2019, 17:57 I think there is a query block on "Shorts" in the "Disney Animated Shorts" ?
Established shows such as "Disney Animated Shorts" should work regardless, since the query-blacklist only applies to TheTVDB / TheMovieDB / etc API search requests, but does not apply to any lookup of the internal memory.

(TL;DR FileBot just kinda knows all popular shows in advance and doesn't actually need to search for them, kinda like a human.)

I've done some debugging and it seems FileBot didn't actually interpret the 1940x04 at all since there was some sanity check that required the season year to be between 1970 and 2070.

:idea: Fixed with FileBot r6703 and changed the year sanity check from 1970 to 1920 to account for all the Disney Animated Shorts.

neuman1812 wrote: 13 Sep 2019, 03:02 I removed that first part using a bulk renamer and fed just the episode titles into filebot. it managed to get all of them but 2.
This kind of pre-processing can be done with FileBot using Plain File Mode just as well:
viewtopic.php?t=2072

:idea: The reason this works is because it simplifies the problem. Fuzzy string matching is, well, fuzzy. If the file name contains only the episode title, then fuzzy matching will work better due to reduced noice caused by other words.
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

rednoah wrote: 13 Sep 2019, 12:12 1.
kim wrote: 12 Sep 2019, 17:57 I think there is a query block on "Shorts" in the "Disney Animated Shorts" ?
Established shows such as "Disney Animated Shorts" should work regardless, since the query-blacklist only applies to TheTVDB / TheMovieDB / etc API search requests, but does not apply to any lookup of the internal memory.
true IF "Disney Animated Shorts" in filename NOT if in foldername
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

kim wrote: 13 Sep 2019, 14:00 true IF "Disney Animated Shorts" in filename NOT if in foldername
Really? Make makes you think so? Internally, I don't distinguish between file names or folders names internally AFAIK, it's all just keywords. Should work the same for file name / folder name / folder folder name / etc.
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

try in GUI:
"D:\Disney Animated Shorts\Disney Animated Shorts - S1940E04 - Billposters.mp4"

"Fetch data" :
nothing will happen... no API search requests
nothing in "New Names"

"Fetch data" :
"D:\Disney Animated Short\Disney Animated Shorts - S1940E04 - Billposters.mp4"
match found in "New Names"
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

try
"D:\Disney Animated Short - S1940E04 - Billposters.mp4"

then it gets F'ed up
Match Series Name => [Short] [Disney Animated Short]
Query Series => [Short, disney animated short]
Rank [Short] => [Short, Short Peace]
with "Disney Animated Shorts" WAY down the list
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Interesting. I've tried to search for it in Episodes panel but Disney Animated Shorts isn't listed in the auto-completion which means it's not in the internal index. No idea why. I'll look into it.

EDIT:

Looks like the index was falling apart because of SSL issues... Might need some time to fix things up again. Fortunately, only the beta channel is affected.
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

rednoah wrote: 14 Sep 2019, 04:37 Looks like the index was falling apart because of SSL issues... Might need some time to fix things up again. Fortunately, only the beta channel is affected.
SSL issues: @ thetvdb ?

Fortunately, only the beta channel is affected:
I'm not using any beta (Filebot or thetvdb) so ?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

kim wrote: 15 Sep 2019, 00:09 SSL issues: @ thetvdb ?
Nope, just AdoptOpenJDK 11.0.4 (armv7) throwing SSL errors when establishing a connection to any CloudFlare edge cache, and FileBot leniently ignoring the error and marking the database entry as removed.

kim wrote: 15 Sep 2019, 00:09 I'm not using any beta (Filebot or thetvdb) so ?
IDK. Different code. Different issues. But perhaps similar symptoms for some random reason?

It'll work out of the box with the latest revision now though:

$ filebot -rename "Disney Animated Shorts - S1940E04.mp4" --action TEST --log INFO
[TEST] from [Disney Animated Shorts - S1940E04.mp4] to [Disney Animated Shorts - 1940x04 - Billposters.mp4]