[SNAP] java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /rips/tv/Friends

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
schmitty

[SNAP] java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /rips/tv/Friends

Post by schmitty »

Hi,

First time poster here. I am trying to perform a rename of a directory containing mkv's, using TheMovieDB TV... copying the renamed files to another location.

Error:

Code: Select all

llegal Argument: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /rips/tv/Friends/Season 01 (/rips/tv/Friends/Season 01)
Rename episodes using [TheMovieDB]
No media files: [/rips/tv/Friends/Season 01]

When using the cmdline:

filebot --mode interactive -rename -r "/rips/tv/Friends/Season 01" --q "Friends" --db TheMovieDB::TV --format "/rips/tv/{n} {y}/{n}.{s00e00}.h264-AVC.{bitdepth} bit.{ac} [{channels}].{source}-{vf}"
Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS

Ny help would be much appreciated.
Intel Core i3-4160
Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS (x64)
schmitty

Re: "No media files" error when attempting rename of directory

Post by schmitty »

Further to this, I have tried

filebot -rename -r "/rips/tv/Friends/Season 01/*.mkv" --q "Friends" --db TheMovieDB::TV --format "/rips/tv/{n} {y}/{n}.{s00e00}.h264-AVC.{bitdepth} bit.{ac} [{channels}].{source}-{vf}"

Which resulted in:

Illegal Argument: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /rips/tv/Friends/Season 01/*.mkv (/rips/tv/Friends/Season 01/*.mkv)
Failed to read xattr: NoSuchFileException: /rips/tv/Friends/Season 01/*.mkv
Fetching episode data for [Friends]
Failed to match files to episode data
Failure (×_×)⌒☆

With the xattr failure, how do I create the metadata? I have been unable to find anything related to creating... only viewing or disabling.
Intel Core i3-4160
Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS (x64)
schmitty

Post by schmitty »

When adding sudo

+ sudo filebot -rename -r '/rips/tv/Friends/Season 01/*.mkv' --q Friends --db TheMovieDB::TV --format '/rips/tv/{n} {y}/{n}.{s00e00}.h264-AVC.{bitdepth} bit.{ac} [{channels}].{source}-{vf}'
mkdir: cannot create directory '/run/user/0': Permission denied
Illegal Argument: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /rips/tv/Friends/Season 01/*.mkv (/rips/tv/Friends/Season 01/*.mkv)

(process:14605): dconf-CRITICAL **: unable to create directory '/run/user/0/snap.filebot/dconf': Permission denied.  dconf will not work properly.
Failed to read xattr: NoSuchFileException: /rips/tv/Friends/Season 01/*.mkv
Fetching episode data for [Friends]
Failed to match files to episode data
Failure (×_×)⌒☆

I have even tried running

set -xu
mentioned in viewtopic.php?t=5362, but id doesn't appear to do anything.
Intel Core i3-4160
Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS (x64)
schmitty

Post by schmitty »

Disregard the above, I have removed snap install and installed apt install. Shell is still looking for filebot in /snap/bin though.

Sorted. I had to remove Filebot, then restart and reinstall.

I am still getting the NoSuchFileException when trying to run

filebot -rename -r "/rips/tv/Friends/Season 01/*.mkv" --q "Friends" --db TheMovieDB::TV --action copy --format "/rips/tv/{n} {y}/{n}.{s00e00}.h264-AVC.{bitdepth} bit.{ac} [{channels}].{source}-{vf}"
Last edited by schmitty on 17 Oct 2019, 03:43, edited 1 time in total.
Intel Core i3-4160
Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS (x64)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

What does the filebot -script fn:sysinfo output say?

:idea: Please read How to Request Help.

EDIT:

A bit of general Unix advice, the / file system root is not a place where you store your files. It's not a place where you create folders.

SNAP confinement doesn't allow you to access system folders willy-nilly (your /rips folder is a system folder because it's in the file system root which is reserved for system folders). Neither does macOS Catalina. Just don't create your own system folders. You're just making your life unnecessarily difficult. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
schmitty

Re: [SNAP] java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /rips/tv/Friends

Post by schmitty »

FileBot 4.8.5 (r6224)
JNA Native: 5.2.0
MediaInfo: 19.09
p7zip: p7zip Version 16.02 (locale=en_US.UTF-8,Utf16=on,HugeFiles=on,64 bits,4 CPUs Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 CPU @ 3.60GHz (306C3),ASM,AES-NI)
unrar: UNRAR 5.50 freeware
Chromaprint: fpcalc version 1.4.3
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2019-05-15 (r565)
Groovy: 2.5.6
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 11.0.4
JVM: 64-bit OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 4 Core / 954 MB Max Memory / 37 MB Used Memory
HW: Linux dizzleent 4.15.0-65-generic #74-Ubuntu SMP Tue Sep 17 17:06:04 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
DATA: /home/media/.filebot
Package: DEB
License: FileBot License ******* (Valid-Until: 2020-05-31)
Intel Core i3-4160
Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS (x64)
schmitty

Post by schmitty »

rednoah wrote: 17 Oct 2019, 02:49 A bit of general Unix advice, the / file system root is not a place where you store your files. It's not a place where you create folders.
/rips, /tv, /movies, etc. are just mount points to /dev/sdx. They are not actually storing anything in root
Intel Core i3-4160
Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS (x64)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

schmitty wrote: 17 Oct 2019, 04:27
rednoah wrote: 17 Oct 2019, 02:49 A bit of general Unix advice, the / file system root is not a place where you store your files. It's not a place where you create folders.
/rips, /tv, /movies, etc. are just mount points to /dev/sdx. They are not actually storing anything in root
Regardless, the SNAP confinement layer will immediately block any IO syscall by file path that tries to access any non-standard system folder (except for /home and /media which known locations whitelisted for user access).

If you use the DEB then of course there's no SNAP confinement layer and nothing is forcing you to do things the proper way, but you probably still should. ;)
schmitty

Post by schmitty »

Yes, I am using the DEB now. Why would I still be getting the errors. Even after chmod 777?
Intel Core i3-4160
Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS (x64)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

chmod is for classic Unix permissions, which are superseded by SE Linux ACLs, which are superseded by SNAP confinement rules.

In this case, due to SNAP confinement rules already denying access on the highest level, Unix permissions are irrelevant.
schmitty

Post by schmitty »

I'm not using SNAP though.
Intel Core i3-4160
Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS (x64)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

schmitty wrote: 18 Oct 2019, 01:48 I'm not using SNAP though.
If you get permission issues that don't make sense considering the given Unix permissions, then that means something else that you aren't aware of is going on. Maybe SE Linux rules. Maybe AppArmor rules. Maybe mounted as read-only file system. Maybe something along those lines.

:arrow: I'd start by trying different things, e.g. processing files in your home folder, and see if that works. That way you can systematically narrow down what works and what doesn't, and then in turn might give you a clue as to what the cause might be.

:!: Note that the OP is about SNAP confinement issues. If you have general Linux permission issues unrelated to SNAP deployment, then perhaps a separate thread is in order (and make sure to include the new error message you get now too, because the one in the OP is specific to SNAP confinement), to keep things clean and understandable for the next guy who reads this.

EDIT:

On a possibly related note, make sure you understand exactly how "..." and * works on the Linux command-line, especially if you do "*.mkv" which is not the same as *.mkv, because you will get FileNotFound errors if you tell FileBot to process file paths that don't exist. Please read Cmdline and Argument Passing for details.
schmitty

Post by schmitty »

rednoah wrote: 18 Oct 2019, 02:38 :!: Note that the OP is about SNAP confinement issues. If you have general Linux permission issues unrelated to SNAP deployment, then perhaps a separate thread is in order (and make sure to include the new error message you get now too, because the one in the OP is specific to SNAP confinement), to keep things clean and understandable for the next guy who reads this.

EDIT:

On a possibly related note, make sure you understand exactly how "..." and * works on the Linux command-line, especially if you do "*.mkv" which is not the same as *.mkv, because you will get FileNotFound errors if you tell FileBot to process file paths that don't exist. Please read Cmdline and Argument Passing for details.
Apologies. I don't think I'll need to create another post. I believe it's related to quoting/escaping of the path... now that you've mentioned it. Thanks for your assistance. :D
Intel Core i3-4160
Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS (x64)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

No worries, I didn't notice either when I skimmed it at first.

TL;DR You've been getting the same error message java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException for two completely separate and unrelated reasons, which understandably added a little bit of confusion there. :lol: