Where to input TheTVDB API Keys?

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
NYG140

Where to input TheTVDB API Keys?

Post by NYG140 »

Hi All,

I'm using Filebot 4.8.5 on my Arch linux machine. I just created a new TVDB API key after their switch at the end of 2019 but I cannot, for the life of me, figure out where in the filebot/amc program/filestructure to put my API key so filebot uses it when making requests to the TVDB API. Just spent the past 30 minute googling and digging through the filebot file structure, can't find anything.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Where to input TheTVDB API Keys?

Post by rednoah »

You can't. The API key is baked into the application binary at build time, since always, so there's no need, nor the option, to enter custom API keys.

:?: Why do you want to use your own API key?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
NYG140

Re: Where to input TheTVDB API Keys?

Post by NYG140 »

Thank you for your response. I think the issue was resolved. I was using filebot 4.8.1 which I built with my own keys as I remember a while back the native filebot API keys were invalidated for a time. With thetvdb API switch the keys I used were invalidated and needed to be updated. I was getting an error 401, authentication related. I then updated to 4.8.5 which probably carried the same keys over, still wasn't working. But then I removed filebot completely and reinstalled which has the native keys again and now I am getting error 405 which is on the tvdb side and many posts here are referencing. So I believe I should be good when they sort everything out. Thanks again!