Filebot Process 'Killed', License Deactivated

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
timmotee

Filebot Process 'Killed', License Deactivated

Post by timmotee »

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is one or two problems; hoping you can help?

I'm running filebot on a bytesized instance, and noticed when I ran it manually, the process was stopping with the output 'Killed'. It would indicate to me that there might be an OS OOM issue, but shutting down all my apps on the box and giving it loads of memory to work with doesn't make a difference.

This may or may not be related; Alchemist discovered that my install license had become 'UNREGISTERED'. I've reinstalled filebot and applied the license, which briefly said it was registered happily with the license, but it seems to break and become unregistered again.

My filebot parameters don't do anything with licensing, so I don't think it has been banned and I haven't been alerted as such.

When, filebot is 'Killed' nothing is appended to the filebot.log, but the process seems to return code137 in the script log, not sure if that is relevant or if thats just the OS error code or something for a process that it killed.

Code: Select all

python ~/.config/deluge/filebot.py nothing . ~/torrents/data
:0: UserWarning: You do not have a working installation of the service_identity module: 'cannot import name opentype'.  Please install it from <https://pypi.python.org/pypi/service_identity> and make sure all of its dependencies are satisfied.  Without the service_identity module, Twisted can perform only rudimentary TLS client hostname verification.  Many valid certificate/hostname mappings may be rejected.
Locking /home/blah/blah/filebot/data/blah/logs/amc.log
Run script [fn:amc] at [Wed Mar 11 15:23:46 CET 2020]
Parameter: ut_kind = multi
Parameter: ut_dir = /home/blah/blah/torrents/data/.
Parameter: subtitles = en
Parameter: artwork = false
Parameter: extractfolder = /home/blah/blah/torrents/extracted
Parameter: skipExtract = n
Parameter: music = y
Parameter: minFileSize = 0
Activate License PX6097900
Input: /home/blah/blah/torrents/data/The.Simpsons.S31E15.WEB.x264-XLF[rarbg]/the.simpsons.s31e15.web.x264-xlf.mkv
Killed
At bytesized they can't tell what is killing the process and suggested I ask here, and since it's a managed box I don't think I have access to see much of what is happening.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot Process 'Killed', License Deactivated

Post by rednoah »

What does filebot -script fn:sysinfo say?

UNREGISTERED indicates that the license file is gone, e.g. if you were to delete ~/.filebot/license.txt that's the message you would get. It's conceivable that any other number of issues, permissions, file system unavailable, etc could result in the file seemingly not existing.

Killed is the OS telling you that it just killed the filebot process. There's nothing FileBot can do about this. The OS is god, nothing a mere user process can do about it. This would never happen on a physical machine where you're the boss, but in a share environment, there might be some rules in place that prevent one single user from hogging all the resources.

Google suggests that FileBot is hogging too much memory:

Exit Code 137: Indicates failure as container received SIGKILL (Manual intervention or ‘oom-killer’ [OUT-OF-MEMORY])

The default memory limit is proportional to available physical memory, so if you are running on a powerful server with lots of memory, most of which you aren't actually allowed to use, then you may need to manually force a low memory limit manually:

-Xmx512m
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.