Upgrade to Version 4.9.1 Fedora

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
Seriously

Upgrade to Version 4.9.1 Fedora

Post by Seriously »

System Information:
Filebot Verison: 4.9.1

Summary:
Upgrading from 4.9.0 to 4.9.1 on Fedora 31 using the universal jdk8 rpm package. What happens is the symlink in /usr/bin gets deleted but does not get recreated when installing version 4.9.1 on Fedora 31. By reinstalling version 4.9.0 I found that the symlink pointed to the file /usr/share/filebot/bin/filebot.sh. That file still exists after installing 4.9.1. The symlink however, does not. Furthermore, when attempting to uninstall version 4.9.1 the scriptlet fails every time with error message "syntax error on line 1 near unexpected token 'then' ". In order to remove the package at this point you need to manually remove it with rpm -e --noscripts. For now I have reverted back to 4.9.0, but wanted to post about it here in the hopes that the packaging gets fixed. There is no gui/cli output because there is no symlink to the aforementioned file in order for filebot to be discovered by the linux path variables. Manually creating a symlink to the previously stated directory allows me to launch filebot as I did in version 4.9.0. However it does not solve the problem with the dnf package manager not being able to remove it.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Upgrade to Version 4.9.1 Fedora

Post by rednoah »

Upgrade is broken for older RPM packages. 4.9.1 will upgrade correctly to future versions, it will also install correctly if you're not upgrading from older packages.

Please read this thread for details:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10631
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Seriously

Post by Seriously »

Alright thanks for the update.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Nevermind. That's a distinct issue. The "fix" broke something. A bad copy & paste... Will be fixed with upcoming releases.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.